Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who's your daddy? The new Fox Game show?  (Read 8920 times)

cmjb13

Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

Who's your daddy? The new Fox Game show?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 12:01:23 PM »
Ya know, I had proposed that concept here some time ago (under the title "Hoosier Daddy") and got a lukewarm response and now it's a series.  I guess real producers do come here to get concepts (or more probably it's a case of two minds with the same thought.)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 12:16:44 PM »
Pedro Martinez will be a celeb contestant picking from a random group of New York Yankees.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 01:03:45 PM »
Hmm, don't we already have a show like this on the air? It's called "Maury"!

bandit_bobby

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 01:12:50 PM »
There is NO WAY I'm going to watch this.

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 02:31:35 PM »
This past summer, Jeff "Dougie" Zucker at NBC said that Fox had stolen the concept from them (they supposdly had it under development).  Fox denied anything, but now...

Considering the awful ratings performance reality's had for Fox in the past six months (except for "Simple Life 2"), the imminent return of "Idol"'s probably the only thing that's saving Mike Darnell's butt right now.  This show isn't going to help matters for him.

mmb5

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 02:48:43 PM »
A group of us three or four years back tried to come up with the most revolting game/reality show ideas we could think of.  Whose Your Daddy? (same title) was one of them, although my version had celebrities questioning the three potential fathers while the DNA tests were being processed.  Several other of our ideas have had elements that have made it on to other shows like Russian Roulette.

Our favorite idea was to have a game where there would be an enclosed room.  Without notice, two holes open up in the ceiling.  Out of one of them falls $1,000,000.  Out of the other falls a knife.  The game ends after 10 minutes.  This is called Your $1,000,000 Chance of a Knifetime.

One of our other ideas we actually have a promo for:Promo #1 (1.3 MB AVI)

Consider it an early Christmas present.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jumpondees

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 03:43:29 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 23 2004, 01:03 PM\']Hmm, don't we already have a show like this on the air? It's called "Maury"!
[snapback]68333[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know...I thought I was the only one on this earth that thought the same EXACT thing about his show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 04:46:48 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Dec 23 2004, 12:48 PM\']One of our other ideas we actually have a promo for:Promo #1 (1.3 MB AVI)

Consider it an early Christmas present.
[snapback]68355[/snapback]
[/quote]
That would be GREAT in an afternoon strip with What's That Smell and Dumpster Hunt... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GameShowFan

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 05:01:05 PM »
Apparently, "Shut Up And Fish" has been permanently shelved...

DrBear

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 06:27:59 PM »
And there are already complaints.
Adoptive parents and national adoption organizations are going after Fox. They call it “offensive, voyeuristic and exploitative,” which only makes me think they haven’t seen much network TV lately.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »
Sure, I'll go on national TV and risk proving to the nation that I can't pick out my biological father from a group of three. That wouldn't be the least bit humiliating.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 07:22:22 PM »
OK here's what you do: your "team of challengers" consists of the subject's biological father, the milkman and the postman. If the subject picks either the milkman or the postman, this tells us what?

(It tells us that some DNA testing is in order.)

Jay Temple

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 09:19:58 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Dec 23 2004, 01:48 PM\']A group of us three or four years back tried to come up with the most revolting game/reality show ideas we could think of.  Whose Your Daddy? (same title) was one of them, although my version had celebrities questioning the three potential fathers while the DNA tests were being processed.
[snapback]68355[/snapback]
[/quote]
I tried to imagine the most revolting idea a year or two ago.  When 20/20 had the story in which couples were being considered as prospective parents for a kid (or maybe a pair of siblings), I thought it sounded like a revolting reality show, but I topped it by reversing the roles:  Six to twelve kids (picture one of those Mexican paintings) audition to be adopted by a couple.  Just to make it really "poignant," the couple chooses on a live broadcast a few days before Christmas.  Newt Gingrich could host.

That's the worst that I could actually believe them doing.  Two others are so far beyond the pale that even I would be surprised:  One is basically Running Man;  the other has a bunch of people who need the same organ and are compatible for the same one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 09:20:45 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

AZAndrewG

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 10:21:37 PM »
Okay, this is one where I have to add my two cents worth.

I happen to have two adopted sisters (they were adopted from China).  For any network to promote and air a show that exploits the emotions of an adopted child is cruel and revolting.  I'm sure when my sisters get older (they're currently 8 and 6), they'll want to find out more about who their biological parents are, and unfortunately, we will never know who they are, since they were both abandoned shortly after birth.

I have to take the side of the adoptive parents and the national adoption organizations on this one.  Shame all over FOX for diving to the depths of taste once again for the sake of ratings and the all-mighty dollar.  If NewsCorp had any cojones whatsoever, it would immediately fire Mike Darnell.  He's nothing but a low-life scumbag as far as I'm concerned for even greenlighting this "show."

Andrew M. Greenstein
For fast, affordable web design, log on to

AMG Web Design