Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletalooza  (Read 4316 times)

14gameshows

Tattletalooza
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:45:35 AM »
Uhh, apparently from the previous post about Password II, we got off topic from that show onto another G-T fav, Tattletales!  So with that in mind and having the faith in that the post will stay within the borders of Tattletalooza, here are a few more questions about this show.

Watching the first few weeks of Tattletales, using the "Story" format, how did this play out.  A representative of each couple gave a story pertaining to the question at hand and then on the show it was the other partner to guess who was telling the story.  For example, I think when Allen and Betty were on the show, I think Bert gave the question and then Betty buzzed in and gave her response, and then Allen buzzed in and it didn't match.  Whatever it was I know that it was a very confusing to watch.  (the offstage buzzer SFX was cool though.

Was Tattletales a successful show ratings wise? Could it have survived it wasn't paired with Match Game?

What was the flagship stations that carried The Nighttime Version of Tattletales?  And what this version's intent to carry on inspite of being canceled in the daytime?  IIRC, the nighttime version started briefly before the daytime version was canceled by CBS in '78

Anybody have the vamp theme to the show and the consolation/fee plug themes?  

Time to get off this island and go visit Old Man Perrywinkle and Dumb Dora!

Jimmy Owen

Tattletalooza
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 01:36:07 PM »
It was based on "He Said, She Said" of the 69-70 season.  There may have been a decision try not to copy TNG too much at the outset.  After TNG left the air, the similarities weren't apparent anymore.  The syndie TT was sold to the CBS O&O's at the NATPE sales convention in January of 1977 for a fall 77 start.  Firestone was the distributor, IIRC. It may have been peaking in daytime around then, so everybody probably thought it would be a good idea to expand.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

Tattletalooza
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 02:11:16 PM »
Also, the first of many Newlywed Game revivals began in the Fall of 1977 and with that show back on the air, Tattletales may not have looked as interesting as it did in recent years.

Steve Gavazzi

Tattletalooza
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 03:27:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 02:11 PM\']Also, the first of many Newlywed Game revivals began in the Fall of 1977 and with that show back on the air, Tattletales may not have looked as interesting as it did in recent years.
[snapback]67958[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is a shame, I think, because I've always found Tattletales to be both a lot classier and a lot funnier.

Jimmy Owen

Tattletalooza
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 03:52:36 PM »
It is kind of interesting that for the 70's and 80's, TNG and Tattletales had long runs that had minimal overlap.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

14gameshows

Tattletalooza
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 04:39:32 PM »
Hypothetically, do you think that Tattletales could work today using  A SURE INCREASE Mo' money factor, and some celebrities from daytime/primetime and a few B list celebs?

I think so for a weekly showing on a network on Sunday nights, maybe pairing it up with another revival or two episodes with two different sets of celebrities showing.  IF going on the syndication route, a show like this would do on a late-afternoon/early evening slot (4pm-8pm).  For sure this would be a big budget show, more in regards to paying for the appearances of the celebrities more than the cash payouts for the rooting sections.

I also agree with Steve in saying that Tattletales was a lot funnier than TNG.  Something about TNG which is a complete bore to me, but Tattletales is the exact opposite.  I guess it's funny to see the rooting sections react to their celebrity representative's remarks and answers to the questions and then cheering like mad when they have to divide $1300 between themselves.  I dunno, its better.