Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When shows meet...  (Read 4412 times)

aaron sica

When shows meet...
« on: December 18, 2004, 09:04:12 PM »
.......So as I was playing "Lexi-Cross" recently, I remembered how someone (I'm sorry, I forget who you are!) called it "Battleship meets Wheel of Fortune meets Cross-Wits" or something to that effect.

So, I started thinking. What two shows could go together, and how would they work if they did?  I don't mean titles (like combining Three on a Match and Match Game to make Three on a Match Game), I mean concepts. By combining two shows, how could you get the game to work?

I don't want some massive proposals, with (round 1 is worth _X_ amount of points, etc.) - but if you were to combine shows, how would the gameplay work?

Combining two shows for an hour and bringing the champion to the second half (a la MG/HS) does not count.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 09:05:19 PM by aaron sica »

Jimmy Owen

When shows meet...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »
The TPIR/LMAD show comes to mind.  You could trade your IUFB for what's behind the curtain, and instead of the Big Wheel, it would be the Big Deal.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
When shows meet...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 09:17:56 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 18 2004, 09:04 PM\']I mean concepts. By combining two shows, how could you get the game to work?
[/quote]
"The Newlywed Game" and "Blind Date".
Once you embarass your new spouse on national TV; you can vie for a new one.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

When shows meet...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 09:18:58 PM »
Mindreaders combined with You're in the Picture: Chris Clementson apologizes for the show on air while Dick Martin is still explaining the rules.

(ducking)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
When shows meet...
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 09:26:28 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 18 2004, 09:18 PM\']Mindreaders combined with You're in the Picture: Chris Clementson apologizes for the show on air while Dick Martin is still explaining the rules.
[/quote]
Duck, Dave. Better duck.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
When shows meet...
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 09:31:29 PM »
Didn't we try something like this last summer and broke the bandwidth-ometer in the process?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 09:32:07 PM by chris319 »

dzinkin

When shows meet...
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 18 2004, 09:31 PM\']Didn't we try something like this last summer and broke the bandwidth-ometer in the process?
[snapback]67796[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think that was the combine-the-titles thread, not combine-the-concepts.

Jimmy Owen

When shows meet...
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 09:36:58 PM »
Another one that had been proposed was a "High Rollers/Wheel of Fortune" combo, utilizing a couple of octogonal shaped dice with letters on the dice rather than numbers that would reveal the puzzle.  The danger would be to roll a letter that had already been revealed.

Don Howard

When shows meet...
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 10:08:20 PM »
Family Feud and Card Sharks. Give an answer that appears on the survey board and you have the chance to call the cards.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 10:10:16 PM by Don Howard »

calliaume

When shows meet...
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 10:12:55 PM »
Years ago, on ATGS, I had suggested putting the short-lived face reveal game from the 1974-76 version of High Rollers onto Eye Guess (a piece of the photo is revealed after every corrrect answer off the board) to make it more challenging.  I believe Chris C. said Bob Stewart had already come up with something similar when he tried mounting a pilot for a revival in the '80s.

Craig Karlberg

When shows meet...
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 05:01:38 AM »
How about this:  You take the front game portion of Scrabble & each word solved will be a clue to the solution of a puzzle just like Password +/Super Password.  The format would take on the latter's side.  Whoever solves 2 out of 3 pyzzles will play Alphabetics for $5K with $5K increases if not won.

BrandonFG

When shows meet...
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 12:43:35 PM »
How about a TTTT/WML type thing, where they interrogate the panel about the "line," and then once the line has been guessed, they try to figure out who it belongs to. Prolly would be just one subject to fit the half-hour.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Robert Hutchinson

When shows meet...
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 01:26:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 05:01 AM\']Whoever solves 2 out of 3 pyzzles
[/quote]

This Fall, on Animal Planet . . .

[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 12:43 PM\']How about a TTTT/WML type thing, where they interrogate the panel about the "line," and then once the line has been guessed, they try to figure out who it belongs to. Prolly would be just one subject to fit the half-hour.
[/quote]

I can usually enjoy the old panel show formats, but staying with one subject over the whole half hour would push me into zzzzzzzz.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Jay Temple

When shows meet...
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 10:26:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 11:43 AM\']How about a TTTT/WML type thing, where they interrogate the panel about the "line," and then once the line has been guessed, they try to figure out who it belongs to. Prolly would be just one subject to fit the half-hour.
[snapback]67868[/snapback]
[/quote]
Turn it around:  Have the TTTT round first, and then the panel would try to guess each impostor's occupation.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Jimmy Owen

When shows meet...
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 10:41:03 PM »
I will tell you what thought might happen when I first heard about MGHS.  I thought the the object would be to get three stars in a row by asking Match Game style questions.  You would pick a star and then try to match his or her written response, rather than using a true or false question.  It probably would take an hour to get one game in, but that's how I thought they might do it.