Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password II  (Read 18504 times)

ChuckNet

Password II
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 09:56:09 PM »
For that matter, an NBC show from the late '70s also seems to be MIA - "Mindreaders" - not that anyone's clamoring to see it, but if it exists and GSN has it, it seems odd they've never aired an episode of it. There are theories that Goodson wanted the show erased because it's widely considered to be his weakest effort, but I don't buy it.

Incidentally, 10-time GS contestant Don Benn did a stint on Mindreaders...he was supposed to get all 3 of his eps on tape, but due to a time mix-up, he wound up w/3 soap opera eps (prolly The Doctors) instead.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Johnissoevil

Password II
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2004, 10:30:26 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 09:11 AM\']There are two other GT shows from the 70s GSN hasn't aired any episodes of(besides Narz Concentration and syndie TPIR for reasons we already know): the 1977-78 weekly syndie version of Tattletales and the Summer 1976 CBS primetime run of IGAS
[snapback]67584[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought I remembered seeing the syndie run of TattleTales on GSN once as part of As Seen on Theater.  Maybe I mistook a CBS ep for it. -_-
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Jimmy Owen

Password II
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2004, 05:38:10 AM »
The TV Guide print ads for the nighttime "Tattletales" had Bert in a tuxedo and the celebs in evening wear.  Don't know if that happened every week.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 05:40:10 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

Password II
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2004, 04:57:42 PM »
I thought I remembered seeing the syndie run of TattleTales on GSN once as part of As Seen on Theater. Maybe I mistook a CBS ep for it. -_-

I think so...AFAIK, GSN has never aired a single ep of the syndie run (which would be distinguishable from its daytime counterpart in that it had 3 breaks instead of 4 and fee plugs at the end of the show, instead of midway through the 2nd break).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Ian Wallis

Password II
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2004, 10:05:44 AM »
I think so...AFAIK, GSN has never aired a single ep of the syndie run (which would be distinguishable from its daytime counterpart in that it had 3 breaks instead of 4 and fee plugs at the end of the show, instead of midway through the 2nd break).

Does anyone know if the payouts were the same - 150-150-150-300?  The reason I ask is that usually more money was given away on nighttime shows ... not that money was the main reason to watch "Tattletales", but inquiring minds want to know.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Password II
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2004, 11:35:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 08:05 AM\']Does anyone know if the payouts were the same - 150-150-150-300?  The reason I ask is that usually more money was given away on nighttime shows ... not that money was the main reason to watch "Tattletales", but inquiring minds want to know.
[snapback]67936[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, that never changed. (Before Horan butts in, they would also throw in an additional $300 question if it turned out they had extra time.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Password II
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2004, 12:20:48 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 11:35 AM\']
Yes, that never changed. (Before Horan butts in, they would also throw in an additional $300 question if it turned out they had extra time.)
[snapback]67949[/snapback]
[/quote]

So Syndie Tattletales was one of the few nighttime versions of a network daytime game show that didn't offer Extreme Mo' Money(by 70s-80s standards)

uncamark

Password II
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2004, 03:33:26 PM »
"Branded"'s syndication rights are owned by King World and I'm sure they'd pull it out if someone wanted it.

It seems to me that "The Richard Boone Show" is extant in at least part, due to it being made on film and the prestigious nature of the project.  Under the standard contract for independent production companies, the network's syndication division (that being NBC Films) handled the syndication.  Since the libraries of all of the original syndication arms of the Big 3 are now owned by Paramount, they would probably control the show, unless they sold it back to G-T or one of its successors.

"The Don Rickles Show," if it is extant, is probably in terrible condition and it seems to me that no one at G-T had a particular interest in keeping it.

And "That's My Line!" is probably extant and may've even been included in the conversion project or scheduled to be included until someone noticed it wasn't a game show.  I would venture that the tapes for that one are otherwise somewhere in the bowels of TV City.

And the live episodes of "The Web" are probably long gone, but the one filmed series could be extant and would be distributed by Paramount.

And to back up on Matt's post, Max Lliebman kept most of the kinescopes of "Your Show of Shows" and its successor, "Caesar's Hour" (as for its predecessor, "The Admiral Broadway Revue," that's up in the air) and made a compilation theatrical film, "Ten From 'Your Show of Shows,'" in the 70s.  In the 80s, Caesar acquired the rights to the shows from the Liebman estate and hosted a syndicated repackage of the series that also ran on the old HA! and the early days of Comedy Central.

Matt Ottinger

Password II
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2004, 09:53:35 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 10:59 AM\']I will say on a side note that CBS looks to be the only network that valued their programming, look at network version of TJW, all thought it was lost until a staffer at WCBS stumbled across the masters in the basement.  First of all, why would those masters be at WCBS and not KCBS in LA? [/quote]
They weren't.  I'm told reliably that The Joker's Wild masters were discovered in Los Angeles, not New York.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Password II
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2004, 02:02:06 AM »
Harris Katelman would probably know the whereabouts and status of the G-T non-game shows.

Word is that Goodson wasn't interested in syndication at first, either for game or non-game shows, and had to fairly be dragged into it by either Bud Austin or Jerry Chester.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 02:03:21 AM by chris319 »