Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shokus Video  (Read 4344 times)

remlap

Shokus Video
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004, 09:43:38 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 04:51 AM\'][quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Dec 15 2004, 08:47 PM\']Are you certain you'd be able to play a North American region DVD on your UK DVD player?
[snapback]67441[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ostensibly, if he owns an NTSC VCR, it's safe to say he has the good sense to have a region-free DVD player, as well. Or at least one that can be hacked to be so.
[snapback]67442[/snapback]
[/quote]

Indeed I do I own quite a few dvd players since they are so cheap that are regionless or have hackable codes.

Even have two in PC if the tv ones fail.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 09:45:01 AM by remlap »

Robert Hutchinson

Shokus Video
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2004, 08:16:55 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 07:22 AM\']Chris, calm down.  Not everybody is as internet savvy as you.  It was a legitimate question.
[snapback]67461[/snapback]
[/quote]

True.

Your friend.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Robair

Shokus Video
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2004, 08:18:53 PM »
Add me to the happy Shokus customers. I have bought several of the game show, commercial, and night compilations and they're all great quality and lots of fun to see again and again. They wouldn't have lasted this long if they weren't a good solid company.
--Robair

Matt Ottinger

Shokus Video
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 03:17:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 09:18 PM\']Add me to the happy Shokus customers. I have bought several of the game show, commercial, and night compilations and they're all great quality and lots of fun to see again and again. They wouldn't have lasted this long if they weren't a good solid company.[/quote]
I often get to visit "their" base of operations when I go to California.  Row after row of films and tapes.  Television nirvana.  And yeah, Stuart's the best.  I actually feel guilty that I haven't bought anything in such a long time, but I still have the Beta tapes I ordered in 1983.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

Shokus Video
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 12:02:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Dec 17 2004, 02:17 PM\']I still have the Beta tapes I ordered in 1983.
[/quote]
I find that remarkable, but only because I assume that if you still have them, then you still have a working Beta player.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Don Howard

Shokus Video
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 07:37:21 AM »
Your sleepless nights are over. I'm along now with my review of the customer service from Shokus Video.
FIRST! I was given an approximate delivery date of Monday, Dec 20--but was advised it might be a bit later due to holiday mailings being handled by the U.S. Postal Service. The tape arrived on Friday, Dec 17.
SECOND! Excellent picture quality--seeing how they were working with kinescopes for the material, that's astounding.
THIRD! I'm very pleased--so much so that I've just placed another order with them. To those of you who know the fellow who runs that operation, please convey my appreciation.