Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I WON! - I WON! - I WON!  (Read 4054 times)

Michael Brandenburg

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:04:12 PM »
"Timsterino" had this announcement last Sunday morning (12-12-2004) to open another thread…

Hey folks,

Just a reminder. GSN has a live on-air contest this Sunday.

You register here: http://www.gsn.com/win/itv/

They are calling people on live TV this Sunday to win prizes.

Good luck and hope to see you on air,
Tim :-)

It was actually a special evening of their regular interactive games with an on-air host and hostess: You played GSN's "play-along" versions of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Weakest Link, and Win Ben Stein's Money, and they had special cash and merchandise prizes for the top point scorers in each.  (In fact, only one on-line player actually received a call from the hosts during the three-hour show, and the conversation had nothing to do with game play.)

But I signed up to play that evening, and the "I WON! - I WON! - I WON!" title I gave to this post applies to the fact that I won merchandise prizes in all three of the games!  (A GSN T-shirt for my score in Millionaire, 10 free I-Tune downloads for my score in Win Ben Stein's Money, and a Spiderman 2 DVD for my score in Weakest Link -- not bad for a first try!)

Hopefully, they'll have this contest again, and I'll be preparing for it through their interactive games in the meantime -- which, I understand, will be going 24/7 in January of 2005!

Michael Brandenburg
   (But what kind of on-line interactive game could they possibly make out of that early-morning "infomercial" I once saw on that channel for a women's bra that had no shoulder straps or backstrap?)

The Pyramids

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 10:59:13 PM »
That's great.

Mike Tennant

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 09:44:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Dec 13 2004, 10:04 PM\'](But what kind of on-line interactive game could they possibly make out of that early-morning "infomercial" I once saw on that channel for a women's bra that had no shoulder straps or backstrap?)
[snapback]67172[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, ye of little imagination!

goongas

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 11:31:56 AM »
Had I answered the last question correctly in the Win Ben Stein's Money game and fast enough, I believe I would have won $5,000.  (The answer I did pick I think would have given me enough points if I had been correct).

Timsterino

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 05:24:08 PM »
Congrats! I won on all three also and like Goongas I was very close for the grand prize. For Millionaire,  I ended up in 4th place. On Weakest Link, I also ended up 4th place and Ben Stein's Money I slacked a bit and ended up in 223rd. It was a lot of fun to play along and actually win something.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 05:26:13 PM by Timsterino »

aaron sica

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 06:00:31 PM »
The only problem I could see with that contest is that these shows' episodes have aired on GSN before....There are people who keep track of the episodes and the outcome, so they can get high scores...

Mind you, this is not a complaint, just an observation....

zachhoran

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 06:45:18 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 06:00 PM\']The only problem I could see with that contest is that these shows' episodes have aired on GSN before....There are people who keep track of the episodes and the outcome, so they can get high scores...

[snapback]67283[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wonder if this has something to do with why the in-studio hosts ask new questions during breaks which will affect a player's score.

Timsterino

I WON! - I WON! - I WON!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 06:50:02 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 07:00 PM\']The only problem I could see with that contest is that these shows' episodes have aired on GSN before....There are people who keep track of the episodes and the outcome, so they can get high scores...

[snapback]67283[/snapback]
[/quote]

While that may be true, they insert bonus questions that are worth LOTS of points. This makes it virtually impossible to win just because you know the show answers. That becomes secondary to being able to answer the bonus questions. If you do not know the bonus questions (which are new) you have little shot of doing well.