Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel's first days  (Read 7848 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel's first days
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 12:02:26 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 09:56 AM\']Wouldn't it be cool if WOF, or any other current game show, would offer a plane, or a lamborghini, or maybe a new house as a prize! I'm sorry, the $50,000 log cabins in Maine that WOF offered in the late 80's didn't cut it for me!
[snapback]67221[/snapback]
[/quote]
Kill me. Just plunge a damn knife into my chest and finish it. I can't stand any more.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

Wheel's first days
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 12:29:08 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 11:56 AM\']I never really liked that Buy a Vowel space... It always seemed stupid to me. I always thought that if you wanted a vowel, you gotta pay for it!
[snapback]67221[/snapback]
[/quote]

Uh...you DID have to pay for it.  They didn't stick the word "Buy" in there for the hell of it.

wheelloon

Wheel's first days
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 12:44:02 PM »
NO, No, you misunderstood me.
In one of the show's pilots, I believe that if you landed on that spot, you could get a vowel for free. On that same note though, it just did seem weird the Wheel had a space where you could buy a vowel. What if no more vowels were left?
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

aaron sica

Wheel's first days
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 01:01:58 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 12:44 PM\']NO, No, you misunderstood me.
In one of the show's pilots, I believe that if you landed on that spot, you could get a vowel for free. On that same note though, it just did seem weird the Wheel had a space where you could buy a vowel. What if no more vowels were left?
[snapback]67233[/snapback]
[/quote]

Then why would it be called "BUY A VOWEL"? Listen to what you are saying.

The way it worked, from what I've understood, is when you landed on that space, you were forced to buy a vowel. If you didn't have enough money to buy one, you lost your turn.

wheelloon

Wheel's first days
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2004, 01:14:56 PM »
Shopper's Bazaar did have Buy a Vowel spaces, as well as a FREE VOWEL SPACE (where one may call a vowel and not have to pay for it - personally, I think that should have stayed on instead of Buy a Vowel). On the other hand, I don't seem to remember there being a Bankrupt space (though there was the aforementioned $0 space, which had a different function altogether).

This was what I was referring to. It is in this forum

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=322&st=14.

My point was that this space was pointless, and horrible, and just a bad idea, and that I AM MOST THANKFUL that it did not make it to WOF's premiere. It was called the Free Vowel space, I think I should have made that more clear.

tvwxman

Wheel's first days
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 01:21:14 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 01:14 PM\']
My point was that this space was pointless, and horrible, and just a bad idea, and that I AM MOST THANKFUL that it did not make it to WOF's premiere. It was called the Free Vowel space, I think I should have made that more clear.
[snapback]67239[/snapback]
[/quote]

Kid, I hope you're putting this much effort into your physics classes. Or dating. Or making friends in the freshman high rise dorms...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

wheelloon

Wheel's first days
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 01:26:05 PM »
NOW WHAT????? WHY AM I SUCH A BAD GUY AGAIN? WHAT DID I DO!?

By the way, for anyone that cares, did anybody see WOF last night.  That was the lowest scoring game I've seen in years on the show. The girl won with only 6550!

tvwxman

Wheel's first days
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 01:32:56 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 01:26 PM\']NOW WHAT????? WHY AM I SUCH A BAD GUY AGAIN? WHAT DID I DO!?

By the way, for anyone that cares, did anybody see WOF last night.  That was the lowest scoring game I've seen in years on the show. The girl won with only 6550!
[snapback]67242[/snapback]
[/quote]

Number one, calm the hell down.

Number two, You're fanatical attitude towards all things Wheel and all things Pat is good in small doses, grating in large ones...and you're bordering on super-sizing....

You like the show. We get it. There are LOTS of people on this board that you can learn from, people that know lots of things about Wheel...

And, there are LOTS of people who USED to be on this board who were just as fanatical about other shows. They're not here any more for a reason. Get my drift?

Read more. Post less. You'll thank us later.
-------------

Matt

wheelloon

Wheel's first days
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 02:00:03 PM »
I'm not angry or excited, I'm just trying to understand what is going on with all this.

I don't think I post that often on this forum, apparently I'm the only one who thinks this.

Trust me, I read all the posts, and I respond with my opinions, when it's something I have an opinion about. If you notice, there are topics which I haven't posted anything at all, because I don't know much about it (the Whew!  topics for example).

If it will make the forum community happy, I will post less often. I am a very opinionated person though... so it will be hard.

Yes, I am trying to learn from people on this forum, when they aren't trying to demean my opinions or thoughts, though it is hard to distinguish the 2 sometimes on this forum...

However, while we are in the middle of a WOF topic, does anybody have any information on Wheel's hour long stint in the 70's?

MikeK

• Martha!
Wheel's first days
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 02:31:37 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 02:00 PM\']I'm not angry or excited, I'm just trying to understand what is going on with all this.

I don't think I post that often on this forum, apparently I'm the only one who thinks this.[/quote]

So far, you've penned 58 posts.  Divide that by the 9 days since your first post and the end result is approximately 6 1/2 posts per day.  And that's not often?  According to his profile, Zach posts 6.7 times a day.  (This isn't a back-handed slam against Zach.  I want Mr. Loon to see how his frequency of posting compares with one of the more prolific posters.)

If it will make the forum community happy, I will post less often. I am a very opinionated person though... so it will be hard.

I'm probably as opinionated a person as there is around here, yet I don't click the "add reply" button every time a thought enters my head.

Yes, I am trying to learn from people on this forum, when they aren't trying to demean my opinions or thoughts, though it is hard to distinguish the 2 sometimes on this forum...

As Matt S. mentioned earlier, post less (I'm not saying don't post at all, but put some intellect and thought into your posts), read what's been posted, and get a feel about the general attitude of the board.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 02:32:17 PM by hmtriplecrown »

FeudDude

Wheel's first days
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2004, 02:35:40 PM »
Plain and simple, some people on this board are going to be brutally honest.  It's just something you have to get used to.  I used to let it get to me, but there's no use trying to fight it because it's just how they are.  If you want a less intimidating environment, you might want to check out the GSN board.

dzinkin

Wheel's first days
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2004, 02:53:58 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 02:35 PM\']Plain and simple, some people on this board are going to be brutally honest.  It's just something you have to get used to.  I used to let it get to me, but there's no use trying to fight it because it's just how they are.
[snapback]67257[/snapback]
[/quote]
That said, some of the criticism offered to him, both publicly and privately, has been anything but brutal.  Part of the reason Usenet went down the toilet is that most of the new users (thank you, AOL) didn't respect the time-honored tradition of lurking -- taking the time to read posts, and to get a sense of a forum and its members and customs -- instead of jumping in and posting right away.  Lurking before posting, and learning from one's mistakes, was good practice then and it's still good practice today.

The fact that some have delivered this advice in a blunt manner doesn't make the advice any less relevant or useful.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 02:54:28 PM by dzinkin »

sshuffield70

Wheel's first days
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 03:41:16 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 02:35 PM\']Plain and simple, some people on this board are going to be brutally honest.  It's just something you have to get used to.  I used to let it get to me, but there's no use trying to fight it because it's just how they are.  If you want a less intimidating environment, you might want to check out the GSN board.
[snapback]67257[/snapback]
[/quote]

Been a habitant of both boards, I don't understand why the GSN board would be any better than this one.  We're just as hard ass over there as we are here.  Especially when a certain "R" word is invoked.

tvwxman

Wheel's first days
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2004, 03:44:38 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 03:41 PM\']  We're just as hard ass over there as we are here.  Especially when a certain "R" word is invoked.
[snapback]67262[/snapback]
[/quote]

R word?

Ruckus?

Rumaki?

Ryan Seacrest?
-------------

Matt

sshuffield70

Wheel's first days
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2004, 03:48:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 03:44 PM\'][quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Dec 14 2004, 03:41 PM\']  We're just as hard ass over there as we are here.  Especially when a certain "R" word is invoked.
[snapback]67262[/snapback]
[/quote]

R word?

Ruckus?

Rumaki?

Ryan Seacrest?
[snapback]67263[/snapback]
[/quote]

The word in question is usually spelled with six letters, but I think I've seen it as a 12, or 14, or 16 letter word........capitalized........with a lot of exclamation points.... :) :)