Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN January 2005 Schedule (Adlink  (Read 20994 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN January 2005 Schedule (Adlink
« on: December 09, 2004, 02:19:20 PM »
http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...05&endtime=1770
---
Thoughts:  Millionaire looks to be slowly disapperaing from Primetime, slot by slot. Slow death really.  Ratings are probably dipping somewhat now that we're a decent way into the rerun cycle.

Good to see they're scaling back Weakest Link somewhat...For a show that had 70-ish episodes total, 9 shows a week was overkill.  6 is still a bit excessive relative to the total number of episodes, but isn't as bad as before.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 07:27:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 02:19 PM\']http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...05&endtime=1770
---
Thoughts:  Millionaire looks to be slowly disapperaing from Primetime, slot by slot. Slow death really.  Ratings are probably dipping somewhat now that we're a decent way into the rerun cycle.

Good to see they're scaling back Weakest Link somewhat...For a show that had 70-ish episodes total, 9 shows a week was overkill.  6 is still a bit excessive relative to the total number of episodes, but isn't as bad as before.
[snapback]66622[/snapback]
[/quote]

They still seem to have some interest in picking up recent traditional game shows, so they ought to pick up the rest of Regis Millionaire(Day 2 of Toutant's first appearance to the end of the run) and part of all of Syndie Link(since PAX's rights for it have lapsed).

CaseyAbell

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 08:31:35 PM »
Millionaire's doing okay on the schedule, if you can believe Adlink. The show that's really getting trimmed back is Dodgeball. It's already lost two hours on Thursday night and will soon have no prime time slots at all. In fact, almost all its showings (first and second season) will be after midnight. By contrast, Millionaire still gets thirteen hours including five prime time slots and five early evening showings.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see that celeb version of dodgeball that GSN vaguely promised last summer. I like the show, but I can see where the sameness of the action might take a toll after a while.

Somehow Spy TV still hangs onto one hour in a remote nook of the schedule. Kinda funny. Dog Eat Dog and Greed stay in prime time. Can't kill 'em, despite monster rerun abuse. The second season of civvie blackjack also gets a pretty good look at prime. Frankly, I don't think the civvies are as entertaining as the celebs, but it's still an interesting game.

Just noticed that WBSM gets twenty-two showings a week. None in prime time, but all pretty close. And the network is making a big deal of Ben in this Sunday's live stunt. Pajamas? Maybe Mr. Stein might creep into prime time sooner or later, in jammies or a business suit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 12:32:21 AM by CaseyAbell »

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 07:26:09 AM »
Remember when we used to unzip our pants over a GSN schedule change?

mctoyboy

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 09:57:57 AM »
I can't believe Star Search is still on........
j

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 12:20:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 05:26 AM\']Remember when we used to unzip our pants over a GSN schedule change?
[snapback]66703[/snapback]
[/quote]
Um, no. And what you do in the privacy of your home while you watch GSN is ENTIRELY your business. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 12:40:16 PM »
Guess this puts a whole new meaning on Beat the Clock, eh? :)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 03:25:13 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 08:31 PM\']... The show that's really getting trimmed back is Dodgeball. It's already lost two hours on Thursday night and will soon have no prime time slots at all. In fact, almost all its showings (first and second season) will be after midnight. ...
[snapback]66667[/snapback]
[/quote]
It'll be in reruns by then, so no big loss.  (Man, one thing I never thought I'd see is CPA in a slump.  How 'bout that new guy on Armed Response?)

sshuffield70

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 03:45:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 12:40 PM\']Guess this puts a whole new meaning on Beat the Clock, eh? :)
[snapback]66741[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, but it's something I can't post here.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 05:39:22 PM »
I'd rather watch reruns of Dodgeball than worn repeats of the wicked witch, who continues to get prime time for reasons that escape me. Okay, the show offers a decent pace and I've got a soft spot for any quizzer. But six hours a week in good time slots? Maybe it's time to trim it back to a couple hours like Greed.

Kinda funny that the new guy on Armed Response is a nephew of Dave Kingman. Surprised they don't call him Kong.

As for unzipped pants, that reminds me of Strip Poker more than Beat the...whatever.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 05:40:03 PM by CaseyAbell »

Johnissoevil

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 02:45:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 07:26 AM\']Remember when we used to unzip our pants over a GSN schedule change?
[/quote]

Nowadays, when we're at home relaxing, whenever GSN has nothing on, us classic TV fans ask ourselves "What's on TV Land right now?"
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 08:27:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 02:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 07:26 AM\']Remember when we used to unzip our pants over a GSN schedule change?
[/quote]
Nowadays, when we're at home relaxing, whenever GSN has nothing on, us classic TV fans ask ourselves "What's on TV Land right now?"
[snapback]66840[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, that channel's not so hot anymore, either. However! To the rescue we have GoodLife TV! starring Nick Clooney, the master of the maze.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 11:45:49 AM »
Actually, that channel's [TV Land] not so hot anymore, either. However! To the rescue we have GoodLife TV! starring Nick Clooney, the master of the maze.
It's fun to read the TV Land message board. You might call it a parallel universe. Right now there's a long thread: "PETITION: END 1980'S AND BEYOND SHOWS NOW!!" ("Beyond" means 1990 and forward.) There are plenty of the same "bring back the TRUE classics" messages that you see about GSN.

But wouldn't you know, the same kind of talk is turning up on the GoodLife board as well, because the network licensed some new shows. "New" is relative, of course. These shows had only slightly less age on them than the other GoodLife programs. A typical comment: "From now on, the Goodlife TV schedule is an important part of my roadside emergency gear. I also used it to help a neighbor pump out his septic tank. Just throw in a copy of the NEW Goodlife TV schedule and the sludge in the tank left so it wouldn't get a bad name by hanging out with the shows on that schedule."

Sooner or later, the TV universe will get almost as fractured and on-demand-driven as today's internet. So the fans of almost any show, no matter how old, will be able to watch it whenever they want. Until then, we'll get these posts about any nostalgia network that makes its schedule a little less old.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 11:47:01 AM by CaseyAbell »

sshuffield70

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2004, 03:14:43 PM »
Heh, I've personally never had it.....and Comcast here is scheduled to drop it soon.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2004, 04:17:51 PM »
Comcast is dropping GoodLife here, too. I did watch some of the old shows for nostalgia's sake, but they disappointed more than they entertained.