Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF - Top 10 Answers  (Read 4580 times)

TraderRob

FF - Top 10 Answers
« on: July 21, 2003, 10:39:55 AM »
Ok my first post on the new board... :-)

Watching Dawson FF last week, there was a question that had 10 answers.   It made me wonder since the gameboard had the ability to hold up to 12 answers if there was actually a question that had that many?  I believe I saw an episode once that had 11, but not the dirty dozen.   It seemed rare that any question had more than 8.

Rob Homa
www.geocities.com/retroboyil/gameshow.html

TV Favorites

FF - Top 10 Answers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:42:56 PM »
I think there was a Combs episode with 12 answers once.  A while back on David Letterman, at random times throughout the show, he would shout something out and check the survey board.  For instance, if Paul said something like (I'm just making this up) \"I just got a pet skunk\", Dave would say \"Show me skunk!\" and then we'd see a cut to a Combs Feud board with 12 answers.

Of course, they could have doctored it for the show, but I doubt they would have taken that much trouble to do so.  Of course, it may have been more trouble to find an ep. with 12 answers.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
FF - Top 10 Answers
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 02:46:52 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 11:42 AM\'] Of course, they could have doctored it for the show, but I doubt they would have taken that much trouble to do so.
 [/quote]
 Uh, Combs Feud was on CBS. Letterman was their multi-million dollar man. OF COURSE those shots were set up special for Letterman.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TV Favorites

FF - Top 10 Answers
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 02:48:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 02:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 11:42 AM\'] Of course, they could have doctored it for the show, but I doubt they would have taken that much trouble to do so.
 [/quote]
Uh, Combs Feud was on CBS. Letterman was their multi-million dollar man. OF COURSE those shots were set up special for Letterman. [/quote]
 Yes, but were they doctored or actually taken from the show?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
FF - Top 10 Answers
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 03:42:11 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 11:48 AM\'] Yes, but were they doctored or actually taken from the show? [/quote]
*ring*

\"Hello, Mark Goodson Productions or CBS Props Department, how may I help you?\"

\"Hi, this is {blahblah} with the Late Show out here in New York, how are ya? Listen, Dave has a gag he'd like to do involving the Family Feud board, do you still have that in storage?\"

\"Yeah, it's in the back, I passed by it when I was doing some inventory work with the Blackout Buttons.\"

\"Wow. You guys DO keep everything. Okay, listen, how many slots on that thing, 12? Good. What we want is for you to load up the board with the following 12 words: {mumblemumble}. Then we want a shot of each word turning over from a reset board. You can just run the camera, and flip each word over and back, just give us some pad to work with on either end. We'll do the editing. Think you can do that for us?\"

\"Sure, I'll have it couriered out to you by Friday.\"

\"Yer a champ. Thanks again. Bye.\" {click}
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 03:43:26 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

FF - Top 10 Answers
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 04:41:26 AM »
Dave was doing the bit with the Family Feud board waaaaay back when he moved to CBS in fall 1993, if memory serves, so (depending on how long Late Show was in development) Feud might've still been a current CBS property. It certainly was a shock to hear \"Show me Oprah!\" a few months back.

As to the question, I asked it a good while back on the newsgroup, and was told that Dawson Feud did have 12-answer questions on a few occasions, and that Combs Feud never had more than 8. I pass along this second- or third-hand knowledge in the hopes of getting someone with firsthand knowledge to answer the question definitively.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

zachhoran

FF - Top 10 Answers
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 08:11:45 AM »
Combs Feud still taped at CBS TV City, but was strictly in syndication by the time of Letterman's CBS debut. CBS stopped production on Daytime Feud several months earlier, with reruns still airing through the SUmmer of 1993, only to have CBS turn the 10-11AM hour over to the local stations.