Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: B&W BtC  (Read 3980 times)

Winkfan

B&W BtC
« on: December 04, 2004, 05:14:33 PM »
For the benefit of those who have NEVER seen it (and those who'd like to catch it again) GSN will air the Beat the Clock episode in which the bonus stunt finally gets knocked off tonight/tomorrow morning.

Then beginning next weekend, Bob Kennedy, perhaps the BEST sub-host BtC ever had, will be handling host duties. (And I dare any John Reed King or Frank Wayne fans to disagree with me!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Patti Lee of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Jimmy Owen

B&W BtC
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 05:46:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Dec 4 2004, 05:14 PM\']For the benefit of those who have NEVER seen it (and those who'd like to catch it again) GSN will air the Beat the Clock episode in which the bonus stunt finally gets knocked off tonight/tomorrow morning.

Then beginning next weekend, Bob Kennedy, perhaps the BEST sub-host BtC ever had, will be handling host duties. (And I dare any John Reed King or Frank Wayne fans to disagree with me!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Patti Lee of the Big Board!'
[snapback]66072[/snapback]
[/quote]

I will have to watch Bob Kennedy's sub-hosting stint, but I can't dis John Reed King too much, as he often worked with Bill Cullen.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

MikeK

• Martha!
B&W BtC
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 06:15:34 PM »
Which stunt is this and how high is the jackpot?

Don Howard

B&W BtC
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 09:53:18 PM »
If Bob Kennedy can match John Reed King's, "Oooohhhhhhhh, Mr. Foy" routine during THE BONUS!!!!!, I'll issue a retraction.
By the by, count how many times Bob uses the phrase "I'll warrant" during his substitution stint.

digiblader

B&W BtC
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 09:49:07 PM »
Yeah, I saw that bonus of $3200 (1954 dollars) won today!

I saw Bud cut off the toupees off the strings after that win and give it to that couple along with the hat.

Along with the A/C they won worth about $200, they left with a whopping $3400! Pretty god for that time!

BTW when do they change the theme to the one on the CD?

MikeK

• Martha!
B&W BtC
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 11:47:15 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Dec 5 2004, 09:49 PM\']Yeah, I saw that bonus of $3200 (1954 dollars) won today!

[snapback]66176[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah, the toupee one.  I assume GSN showed this episode in the past even though I never recall seeing it when I had GSN.

The change to the theme on the CD happened near the end of the CBS run, 1957ish.  I believe that theme was used only when Hazel Bishop was BtC's sponsor.

MyCapableAssistant

B&W BtC
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 07:22:19 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Dec 5 2004, 07:49 PM\']Yeah, I saw that bonus of $3200 (1954 dollars) won today!

I saw Bud cut off the toupees off the strings after that win and give it to that couple along with the hat.
[/quote]
Wow! That toupee bonus seemed awfully difficult and it was around
for some time. I was really beginning to wonder if it was "winnable!!"

What's the new bonus... anyone?

14gameshows

B&W BtC
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 12:31:17 PM »
The new Bonus Stunt started off at $500 instead of $100, and it involves, a string attached to a "lollipop stick" and an empty bottle of milk.  The object is for the contestant to get one end of the stick and place it in the bottle of milk.  He doesn't have to pull the bottle up but as long as the end of the stick is in the bottle, then he wins.  He can only manuever the stick with the string wrapped around the middle of the stick, not with his other hands or other parts of his body and he can do this for 55 seconds.

uncamark

B&W BtC
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 12:47:36 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Dec 5 2004, 11:47 PM\'][quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Dec 5 2004, 09:49 PM\']Yeah, I saw that bonus of $3200 (1954 dollars) won today!

[/quote]

Ah, the toupee one.  I assume GSN showed this episode in the past even though I never recall seeing it when I had GSN.

The change to the theme on the CD happened near the end of the CBS run, 1957ish.  I believe that theme was used only when Hazel Bishop was BtC's sponsor.
[snapback]66189[/snapback]
[/quote]

And I believe that "Subway Polka" was used all throughout the ABC daytime run.