Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Uncomfortable moments with losing contestants?  (Read 21043 times)

Casey

Uncomfortable moments with losing contestants?
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2004, 09:41:51 AM »
I don't know if the guy lost or not, but how about the guy from the pilot week of Jim Lange's Name That Tune who might have been the biggest jerk during Bid-A-Note I've ever seen?  "I'm shaking...  I'm sweating...  2 notes!"

He may not have lost (I don't remember), but he clearly made Jim and the opponent uncomfortable.

zachhoran

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2004, 09:49:57 AM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 09:41 AM\']I don't know if the guy lost or not, but how about the guy from the pilot week of Jim Lange's Name That Tune who might have been the biggest jerk during Bid-A-Note I've ever seen?  "I'm shaking...  I'm sweating...  2 notes!"

He may not have lost (I don't remember), but he clearly made Jim and the opponent uncomfortable.
[snapback]66602[/snapback]
[/quote]

Alfred was the man in question. As per a 1994 post in ATGS(back when Lange NTT was on FAM), he won the game but lost the Golden Medley.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2004, 03:21:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 8 2004, 11:45 PM\']I believe Nice is in France. I was there once. It was Nice to be there. To be there...Nice.
[/quote]
To see you, its nice!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jay Temple

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2004, 08:14:11 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 06:28 AM\'][quote name=\'Alex K\' date=\'Dec 9 2004, 01:53 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 8 2004, 10:51 PM\']

The puzzle was Milan, Italy. She didn't pronounce Milan correctly and was ruled incorrect. GSN aired this episode three times in the last few years.
[snapback]66554[/snapback]
[/quote]

If the answer was Milan and she mispronounced Milan, then I would have to know exactly what she said.
[snapback]66564[/snapback]
[/quote]

She pronounced it MILL-an IIRC, and not Mi-LAN.
[snapback]66584[/snapback]
[/quote]
My recollection is that she pronounced it "MY-luhn."
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2004, 08:47:49 PM »
Wasn't there a Millionaire contestant who bombed a lower-tier question about how many wheels there are on a wheelbarrow?

She accidentally said 3, when she was going for 1. After realizing what she did, she cursed (and was censored).

Kevin Prather

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2004, 05:50:01 PM »
Yes, but she didn't accidentally say three, I don't think. She meant three, but perhaps mistook the two legs in the back for wheels.

(very paraphrased, but as I recall it...)

Meredith: How many wheels are usually on a wheelbarrow? One, two, three, four.
Contestant: ...C, three. Final answer.
Meredith: Oooh, no. It's not. It's one.
Contestant: What? Oh, s***! *covers mouth*

Fedya

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2004, 11:29:28 PM »
Never mind that the wheelbarrow question was a bad question from the get-go.  As I mentioned here at the time, I have a wheelbarrow with two wheels in my garage.

(To which one of the local wits replied, "Does it have three wheels outside your garage?")

Meredith said something like, "I don't blame you!" to the contestant.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post