Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price Is Right...  (Read 7932 times)

Craig Karlberg

The Price Is Right...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 04:25:43 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Nov 27 2004, 11:22 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Nov 26 2004, 01:27 AM\']Reading that press release made me wonder if JAKKS worked a licensing agreement with FreeMantleMeadia North America on TPIR & other games, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony might do the same for WOF & J! if this thing sells well down the road.
[snapback]64935[/snapback]
[/quote]
JAKKS and Fremantle put the deal together some time ago, and they've been developing the games over the past few months. I'm told they will be cool. And yes, I would expect SONY to follow suit with their properties.

Licensing for slot machines has turned into a multi-milion dollar success. While there is a common belief that some of the classic formats wouldn't work on TV today, there can be no disputing that the public's familiarity with well known games can be turned into coin.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]65040[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the good word Randy. I'll keep my eyes peeled on this thing & see where it goes from there.

Tony

The Price Is Right...
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 01:33:26 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Nov 27 2004, 12:23 PM\']I hope that doesn't mean Pyramid will come out soon.
[snapback]65043[/snapback]
[/quote]
Maybe it's just me, but I would think that after the failure of the Osmond Pyramid, Sony might instead do that game in the likeness of the classic Dick Clark Pyramids.  Of course, if "Particleman"'s upcoming $100,000 Pyramid software is at least as good as his Family Feud software, the Sony game would only be good for game material.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 01:33:51 PM by Tony »