Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Behind the scenes  (Read 3909 times)

BrandonFG

Behind the scenes
« on: July 21, 2003, 01:09:34 PM »
With the success GSN has had with Naturally Stoned, and with them branching out to more original stuff, does anyone think they could possibly turn a profit by doing a behind-the-scenes gameumen...uh, documentary on other games. Maybe some original stuff, but I'm thinking of the bigger name shows, esp. the Sony properties (Wheel, Jeopardy!, Pyramid). I'm sure they might even be able to work something out with Fremantle with Feud and Price as well. But would anyone other than us die-hards and maybe aspiring producers be interested in watching something like this? Just a passing thought.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Behind the scenes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 07:35:10 PM »
Naturally Stoned was not a HUGE success for GSN, surely not as much as the Larsen documentary. Those ideas do sound good, and GSN did indeed go behind the scenes of some shows in their early years on Game World and Game TV.

I think a Trebek documentary like the Woolery one would be, um, interesting. SHow Trebek on the set of J! and follow him to Africa(if the budget allows) and to the winery he owns, etc.