Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commercial Spot Fees during TPIR  (Read 2087 times)

TimK2003

Commercial Spot Fees during TPIR
« on: November 23, 2004, 11:18:17 AM »
I'm curious to find out some info on the commercial breaks during TPIR:

1)  What is CBS' going rate nowadays for a 30 or 60 second spot during TPIR?  

2) What are the rates compared to the spot rates during the Afternoon Soaps?

3)  Why are the spots dominated by elderly scooter, home healthcare, and insurance spots --  Do these sponsors outbid regular detergent & food sponsors for these spaces, or is it that noone else wants those spots and these sponsors are the equilivent of your late-late-night sponsors that can't afford the day rates?

4)  Since some of these sponsors have been on forever (i.e. Wilford Brimley), has CBS or these sponsors ever considered doing full or partial sponsorships of the show like they did with G/T panel shows of the 50's & 60s?

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 11:48:52 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Nov 23 2004, 11:18 AM\']3)  Why are the spots dominated by elderly scooter, home healthcare, and insurance spots?
[snapback]64655[/snapback]
[/quote]
Probably because lots of elderly people are watching Price.

College kids don't buy scooters (well, at least the elderly ones)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:12:17 PM »
That gives me a couple of ideas for new pricing games. "The Scooter Game," just like "Race Game" only done with Rascals.  "The Insurance Game"-collect 3-4 small prizes that when added up equal or exceed the price of a major prize.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 12:59:56 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 23 2004, 11:48 AM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Nov 23 2004, 11:18 AM\']3)  Why are the spots dominated by elderly scooter, home healthcare, and insurance spots?
[snapback]64655[/snapback]
[/quote]Probably because lots of elderly people are watching Price.

College kids don't buy scooters (well, at least the elderly ones)
[snapback]64656[/snapback]
[/quote]
TPiR may be old-skewing as far as Nielsen is concerned, yet audiences are typically dominated by college students.  One possibility for this dichotomy is that the students are on the show, not watching it. :-)  Seriously, Nielsen does not measure college dorms, where most students watch TPiR.

Then again, it's never too early to plan for old age, right?