Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Hit Man" clips featured on local newscast  (Read 2146 times)

Adam Nedeff

"Hit Man" clips featured on local newscast
« on: November 21, 2004, 01:27:56 PM »
Today's edition of WPBY-TV's "Campus Connection," a joint-produced newscast by West Virginia University and Marshall University included a story about retiring Marshall U. President Dr. Dan Angel. The Co-Anchors concluded with this:

Anchor #1:Finally today, Marshall University's resident game show guru, Adam Nedeff has uncovered a slice of Dr. Angel's life before he came to Marshall.

Anchor #2: That's right, it seems that he was on a longtime-forgotten game show called "Hit Man" in 1983...

Cut to footage I supplied the station of Dr. Angel answering a few questions about "Casablanca" correctly before being eliminated in Round.

The kicker is this is the second time this week yours truly and the game show collection have been featured on the local news. This past Monday, WSAZ-TV included a 2-minute feature on me and my game show collection, and the world-famous Game Show Utopia website (which would have been far more gratifying if I could find a damn piece of screengrab software/hardware that WORKED so I could do an update or something).

Just curious, anyone else had their GS hobby featured on the news, or is Huntington, WV the only place hard up enough for news that it would be featured?

P.S. Thanks to Chuck D. for hooking me up with the "Hit Man" episode to begin with. With Chuck D, it's a guarantee!

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 07:36:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Nov 21 2004, 01:27 PM\']

Just curious, anyone else had their GS hobby featured on the news, or is Huntington, WV the only place hard up enough for news that it would be featured?

[snapback]64444[/snapback]
[/quote]

Huntington, WV is the hometown of Pierre Lacock.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 08:30:05 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 21 2004, 08:36 PM\']
Huntington, WV is the hometown of Pierre Lacock.
[snapback]64489[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, Zach, as usual in your replies, someting totally unrelated is pointed out.

And I could make so many bad, bad, and horrible jokes it's not funny. So I won't.

ChuckNet

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 10:36:01 PM »
P.S. Thanks to Chuck D. for hooking me up with the "Hit Man" episode to begin with. With Chuck D, it's a guarantee!

No prob...and no, I don't hand out my business cards at the grand openings of chocolate factories, either. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Wonka-Loving "Chuckie Baby")

Fedya

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 11:33:03 PM »
Isn't there a poster here who had his GS hobby mentioned on Jeopardy!?  That's better than some rinky-dink local news outlet.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post