Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: There he is, Tom Bergeron  (Read 3641 times)

DrBear

There he is, Tom Bergeron
« on: July 23, 2003, 11:03:03 PM »
The AP reports that Tom Bergeron will host this year's Miss America pageant Sept. 20, replacing Wayne Brady.
From the story:

Bergeron said he’s happy to sign on with the world’s most famous beauty pageant, even if it isn’t the freshest thing on network TV.
“I referee a tic-tac-toe game and I introduce clips of people hitting themselves in the (groin). This will help my career, if anything,” he said.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

joe_capitano

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 11:25:19 PM »
He ought to have some fun with this gig. However, do they dare make him sing \"The Song\"? (I think not)

Seems Miss America and Game Shows go hand in hand, don't they? Just go down the list of those who've appeared on it through the years:

John Charles Daly, Bert Parks, Lee Meriwither, Bess Myerson, Ron Ely, Lisa Donovan, Regis Philbin, Kathie Lee Gifford, Meredith Vieira, Wayne Brady, and now TBerj.

I know I must have left some out. That's where you come in...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 11:26:32 PM by joe_capitano »

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 11:29:25 PM »
Emma Samms (who appeared on the Davidson  HS version) was a Miss America judge in 1994 (when Heather Whitestone won)...but boy, I remember when Bert was THE Miss America host.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Winkfan

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 11:59:39 PM »
Seems Miss America and game shows go hand in hand, don't they? Just go down the list of those who've appeared on it through the years:

John Charles Daly, Bert Parks, Lee Meriwither, Bess Myerson, Ron Ely, Lisa Donovan, Regis Philbin, Kathie Lee Gifford, Meredith Vieira, Wayne Brady, and now TBerj.

I know I must have left some out. That's where you come in...
Wink Martindale, Art Fleming, Merv Griffin, Kitty Carlisle and Peggy Cass served as judges. Also, Douglas Edwards was an early co-host. (BTW, Douglas DID host one game show; it was Masquerade Party in 1953.)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--[color=\"red\"]the 'Rita Mueller of the Big Board!'[/color]

P.S. 'Tommykins' as host? THAT I'VE GOTTA SEE!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:42:32 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 12:11:29 AM »
Donny Osmond also hosted (with Marie)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 12:38:49 PM »
Emma Samms (who appeared on the Davidson HS version) was a Miss America judge in 1994 (when Heather Whitestone won).

Samms also appeared on The New Battlestars, Celebrity Hot Potato, Body Language, Super Password, and Blackout.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 12:49:28 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 24 2003, 11:38 AM\']
Emma Samms (who appeared on the Davidson HS version) was a Miss America judge in 1994 (when Heather Whitestone won).

Samms also appeared on The New Battlestars, Celebrity Hot Potato, Body Language, Super Password, and Blackout.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 And she was also just on WLoD last week.