Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NYC trip 7/14 to 7/19  (Read 2065 times)

dzinkin

NYC trip 7/14 to 7/19
« on: July 20, 2003, 01:38:47 PM »
Just came back from a six-day trip to New York, primarily for the Macworld Expo but also for some other fun.  This time, I took two trips to the Museum of Television and Radio, and thanks to Jason Hernandez's wonderful web site, I saw the following game shows:

- a '76 Wheel of Fortune episode from the \"All-Star Dream Machine\" tournament
 - the 3/15/78 Wheel of Fortune episode from which I quoted earlier
 - the All-Star episode of Magnificent Marble Machine with Earl Holliman, Arte Johnson, Adrienne Barbeau and Leslie Uggams
 - the '70s Jackpot! episode preceding the one in the trading circuit (hilarious!)
 - a '75 episode of Celebrity Sweepstakes (until then I'd only seen the pilot)
 - a '75 episode of Name That Tune with the \"Money Tree\"
 - the final Jackpot Bowling with Milton Berle (better than I expected)

...and one other, non-game show: the recently reconstructed '54 Studio One production of Twelve Angry Men.  The Museum has had the first half (with commercials) since CBS donated it in the late 70s, but the second half (minus commercials) was found only recently.  If you've seen the '57 movie, you'll love this... and even if you haven't, it's worth a look.

As for my Who Wants to be a Millionaire tryout, now that I think about it, there really isn't a lot to tell... I took the test, got interviewed, and should know within a few weeks.  Oh, and I got a Millionaire pencil. :-)

- David

zachhoran

NYC trip 7/14 to 7/19
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 07:28:43 PM »
Did you tell them about your equally famous Millionaire spinoff, Dave :)

dzinkin

NYC trip 7/14 to 7/19
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 08:00:50 PM »
No, I didn't, Zach.  Just didn't seem appropriate. :-)

- David

JMFabiano

NYC trip 7/14 to 7/19
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 01:08:55 AM »
It's been a while since I've been to the MoTVR...doesn't help that I had been coming into the city when it's not open since I changed internship days.  Anyhow, I do remember the quoted 1978 WOF in question.  Didn't this have the creepy female contestant in I think the red position?  For lack of a better description, she reminded me of the \"ladies\" you might call on certain 900 hotlines (and no, not former GSN \"mainstay\" Miss Cleo :-))  

Also remember sampling the one MG/HS episode they had, and one or two HS eps.  

J.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.