Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funny Money change  (Read 6768 times)

cmjb13

Funny Money change
« on: July 20, 2003, 10:38:56 AM »
Suprised nobody mentioned this, or if they did I didn't see it.

Guess nobody watches this show anymore to care but, I was flipping channels and noticed that they dropped the \"billion dollar\" part when they earn money.

Now it's just 2 dollars.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TV Favorites

Funny Money change
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 10:46:02 AM »
I have a feeling that this was probably one of the earliest episodes taped before they added the \"Billion\" part onto the score.  GSN always from what I can tell shows their originals in an order other than what they taped.

Fedya

Funny Money change
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 11:36:19 AM »
I would have thought the \"earliest\" episodes would have had the contestants earning \"x bazillion dollars\", since that's what shows up in all the promos that have been running since before the premiere; if I'm not mistaken, those shots would be from the pilot.  (Those who have experience in the TV industry are welcome to correct me.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

TV Favorites

Funny Money change
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 12:54:22 PM »
I would imagine that by the time promos were coming about, GSN had a great number of episodes already shot.

inturnaround

Funny Money change
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 09:43:50 AM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 11:54 AM\'] I would imagine that by the time promos were coming about, GSN had a great number of episodes already shot. [/quote]
 Yeah, you'd think so...but the promos have just plain text and not the cool \"fake money\" look with the Contestant's picture on the monitor. I suppose someone doing promos just picked a random early episode (or the pilot) and that's what was run.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

TV Favorites

Funny Money change
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 10:11:14 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 09:43 AM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 11:54 AM\'] I would imagine that by the time promos were coming about, GSN had a great number of episodes already shot. [/quote]
Yeah, you'd think so...but the promos have just plain text and not the cool "fake money" look with the Contestant's picture on the monitor. I suppose someone doing promos just picked a random early episode (or the pilot) and that's what was run. [/quote]
 I'd be willing to bet, then, that the promo video came from the pilot.  IIRC, there were only 40 episodes of FM taped (or was it 65?).  If so, we are nearing the end of the run and I haven't seen any regular episodes turn up like that, leading me to believe the promo was from the pilot.