Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR to tape Primetime specials in January  (Read 2576 times)

cmjb13

TPIR to tape Primetime specials in January
« on: November 05, 2004, 07:14:52 AM »
According to Mr. Beverly, 3 Primetime specials will tape 1/4-1/6.

If true, this must have been finalized just recently as there were no plans as of a few weeks ago.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 07:19:49 AM »
Clearing this one up as quick as possible:

No, you're correct Chris.  There are no MDS's on order at this time.  CBS.com has apparantly left an old page of information up from over a year ago.  Those are last year's tape dates.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 08:12:06 AM »
Further information reveals The Price Is Right specials will be filmed in early April. They'll be hosted by Dick Clark.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 08:26:52 AM by Don Howard »

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 10:14:56 AM »
And of course, once Perf realizes this is a mistake, it will mysteriously come down with no corrections or anything...

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 10:18:35 AM »
And we all know who mentioned it at the GSN board and got their hopes up.

Wonder if his bowling buddy is waiting with baited breath for them, too?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 01:07:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 06:12 AM\']Further information reveals The Price Is Right specials will be filmed in early April. They'll be hosted by Dick Clark.
[snapback]63058[/snapback]
[/quote]
Damn, that would rule.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 01:11:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 01:07 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 06:12 AM\']Further information reveals The Price Is Right specials will be filmed in early April. They'll be hosted by Dick Clark.
[snapback]63058[/snapback]
[/quote]
Damn, that would rule.
[snapback]63091[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to open up the can of worms with "Who succeeds Barker", but I, too, think Dick Clark would do a good job on TPiR.

I can see him at the showcase winner's podium with the classic "So long" salute..

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 01:19:02 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 11:11 AM\']Not to open up the can of worms with "Who succeeds Barker", but I, too, think Dick Clark would do a good job on TPiR.
I can see him at the showcase winner's podium with the classic "So long" salute..
[snapback]63094[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, I think he'd be freakin' horrible on TPiR. The man can't add, for God's sake. I realize that he gets a little help with the One Bid readouts in Money Game, and prolly some cuecards or something in Grocery Game, but could you see Card Game dragging on as he has to wait for the readout to tell him the new bid every time? Or adding up the money in Let 'Em Roll? Fuggeddaboutit.

I just like him so much that I'd like to see him try anyhow. I'd have watched Winning Lines even if the Wonderwall DIDN'T rule.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 01:26:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 01:19 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Nov 5 2004, 11:11 AM\']Not to open up the can of worms with "Who succeeds Barker", but I, too, think Dick Clark would do a good job on TPiR.
[snapback]63094[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, I think he'd be freakin' horrible on TPiR. The man can't add, for God's sake. I realize that he gets a little help with the One Bid readouts in Money Game, and prolly some cuecards or something in Grocery Game, but could you see Card Game dragging on as he has to wait for the readout to tell him the new bid every time? Or adding up the money in Let 'Em Roll? Fuggeddaboutit.

I just like him so much that I'd like to see him try anyhow. I'd have watched Winning Lines even if the Wonderwall DIDN'T rule.
[snapback]63098[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I was gonna make a joke about him not adding right at the wheel, but I didn't want to repeat my "Dick Clark Can't Add" jokes. :)

Add me (obviously) to the Dick Clark admirers too.

I'd even watch the reruns of "American Bandstand" on VH1 just to hear him pitch the $20,000 Pyramid at the end.