Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS announces TPIR Model Status  (Read 4584 times)

cmjb13

CBS announces TPIR Model Status
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:57:31 PM »
Nothing new here that hasn't been reported back in May, but it's interesting nonetheless:

From CBS.com

\"After almost a year of searching for Barker's newest Beauties, the show found it necessary to continue their search and rotation of a select few models. This constant search and rotation allows the show to introduce new faces and also allows models to accept other assignments. Exposure on The Price Is Right generates interest in these models from other shows. In the past, models were unable to accept most of these offers because of their commitment to appear on every PIR show. Now, models can seek and accept such assignments because there is a pool of Barker’s Beauties readily available for every show.\"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 04:58:08 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Robair

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 05:19:20 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 03:57 PM\'] Nothing new here that hasn't been reported back in May, but it's interesting nonetheless:

From CBS.com

"After almost a year of searching for Barker's newest Beauties, the show found it necessary to continue their search and rotation of a select few models. This constant search and rotation allows the show to introduce new faces and also allows models to accept other assignments. Exposure on The Price Is Right generates interest in these models from other shows. In the past, models were unable to accept most of these offers because of their commitment to appear on every PIR show. Now, models can seek and accept such assignments because there is a pool of Barker’s Beauties readily available for every show." [/quote]
 I mean, that's a good move, I believe, because it allows the Beauties to branch out and grow. You wouldn't have Claudia doing \"Simone\" or Shane doing that extreme sports show or the other girls do their things. Let the girls get out and make their names. I mean, before the girls could multitask gals like Dian, Janice, Holly and Kathleen were virtually married to the show -- and they couldn't do anthing else.

The show is very lucky to have Claudia, Shane, Penelope, Lisa and Brandi as the core rotation. It's good to see different faces up there every once in awhile.
--Robair

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 05:27:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 04:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 03:57 PM\'] Nothing new here that hasn't been reported back in May, but it's interesting nonetheless:

From CBS.com

"After almost a year of searching for Barker's newest Beauties, the show found it necessary to continue their search and rotation of a select few models. This constant search and rotation allows the show to introduce new faces and also allows models to accept other assignments. Exposure on The Price Is Right generates interest in these models from other shows. In the past, models were unable to accept most of these offers because of their commitment to appear on every PIR show. Now, models can seek and accept such assignments because there is a pool of Barker’s Beauties readily available for every show." [/quote]
I mean, that's a good move, I believe, because it allows the Beauties to branch out and grow. You wouldn't have Claudia doing "Simone" or Shane doing that extreme sports show or the other girls do their things. Let the girls get out and make their names. I mean, before the girls could multitask gals like Dian, Janice, Holly and Kathleen were virtually married to the show -- and they couldn't do anthing else.

The show is very lucky to have Claudia, Shane, Penelope, Lisa and Brandi as the core rotation. It's good to see different faces up there every once in awhile. [/quote]
Don't forget Janice was supposed to be the new \"Better Sex\" hostess..... :D

LA the DJ

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 06:11:40 PM »
I like some of the new models and I'm iffy on the others...Though I really don't know any of their names...Where might I find the names of the girls from last season (Well the core group who was at the end of the season)?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

goongas

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 06:31:18 PM »
It sounds to me like spin.  They probably want to save money on models, so having part-timers is probably cheaper than having full-time models.

Goongas

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 07:09:55 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 05:31 PM\'] It sounds to me like spin.  They probably want to save money on models, so having part-timers is probably cheaper than having full-time models. [/quote]
 Especially if benefits, health insurance, etc. are taken into account, having six models part-time is cheaper than three full-time. Game shows are a business after all.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

inturnaround

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 07:47:44 PM »
I'm surprised that CBS hasn't announced a new reality series, \"Come on Down! The Barker's Beauty Search\". Contestants would live in a house,go on spay and neuter drives, and engage in weekly pose-downs amongst a variety of appliances and food items. The woman who least reminds Bob each week of Dian is tossed.

It could be a ratings blockbuster! (or maybe not)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 08:06:26 PM »
I don't believe the models have any benefits at all.

I think the issue with the models is this:

Besides the money, they don't want to announce permanent models and then have them leave (voluntary or involuntary). Then they have to go through the whole process over again. Plus I don't think viewers want to see model searches over and over again.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Diggity Dawg

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 06:47 PM\'] I'm surprised that CBS hasn't announced a new reality series, "Come on Down! The Barker's Beauty Search". Contestants would live in a house,go on spay and neuter drives, and engage in weekly pose-downs amongst a variety of appliances and food items. The woman who least reminds Bob each week of Dian is tossed.

It could be a ratings blockbuster! (or maybe not) [/quote]
 I know you're kidding there, but I would TOTALLY watch this.

Robair

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 07:29:09 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 05:11 PM\'] I like some of the new models and I'm iffy on the others...Though I really don't know any of their names...Where might I find the names of the girls from last season (Well the core group who was at the end of the season)? [/quote]
 Well, you got Claudia Jordan, we all know her. Then there's the former Miss USA Brandi Sherwood, Playboy playmate Penelope Jimenez, Australian Lisa Gleave-Letelier, and Shane \"Don't Call Me Alan Ladd\" Stirling (sorry, Prof). Googling any of these names will reap untold rewards, especially Lisa (there are some very nice photos of her on the Internet -- she's hot!).
--Robair

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 12:58:54 PM »
From what i've seen of Brandi (she is the brunette, right?), she just doesn't cut it with me. Too many scenes of her looking confused by the whole process... and not smiling.

This ain't brain surgery.

haven't seen penelope yet, but all the others are pretty good. Claudia is very good.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 12:59:48 PM by ChrisLambert! »
@lambertman

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 01:03:30 PM »
Be glad she's not Jennifer Mosley.

She was crying after her first Monday show and was asking me where on stage she should be.

As if I know.

LA the DJ

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 04:46:12 PM »
I have noticed the brunette looking somewhat vacant/confused....Nobody expects the models to be pondering nulear physics, but come on....
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.