Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's plans for the "extra hour" tonight  (Read 5482 times)

aaron sica

GSN's plans for the "extra hour" tonight
« on: October 30, 2004, 09:45:46 PM »
To anyone who's curious, appears to be an extra hour of "Spy TV".

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 30 2004, 08:45 PM\']To anyone who's curious, appears to be an extra hour of "Spy TV".
[snapback]62510[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not exactly worth the wait. And not really a surprise. I figured it'd either be that or Extreme Dodgeball or The Ultimate Uno Championship. And I so wanted to see an hour of those unearthed episodes of Spin-Off. Oh, well. There's always The Feast Of Favorites.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:28:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 30 2004, 10:58 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 30 2004, 08:45 PM\']To anyone who's curious, appears to be an extra hour of "Spy TV".
[snapback]62510[/snapback]
[/quote]
There's always The Feast Of Favorites.
[snapback]62519[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just thought I'd warn people that there probably won't be a Feast of Favorites this year.  When I contacted GSN for a report I'm writing about them for GSNN, they said that a Family Feud marathon is tentatively scheduled from Noon till 7PM.  I can give you the name of the person who gave me this info and the email itself if you need further proof.

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 09:47:37 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 01:28 AM\']I just thought I'd warn people that there probably won't be a Feast of Favorites this year.  When I contacted GSN for a report I'm writing about them for GSNN, they said that a Family Feud marathon is tentatively scheduled from Noon till 7PM.  I can give you the name of the person who gave me this info and the email itself if you need further proof.
[snapback]62528[/snapback]
[/quote]
No further proof is needed for this corner. This is just confirmation of what I'd suspected anyway since GSN became just corporate initials. Luckily, Bob Barker's 80th birthday isn't this year or we wouldn't have gotten that morning block of special treats for a week. And yet another reason to be grateful that my VCR was whirring away since I got hooked to the channel.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 09:48:00 AM by Don Howard »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 09:53:08 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 02:28 AM\']I just thought I'd warn people that there probably won't be a Feast of Favorites.[/quote]
My guess is that another Feast of Favorites poll would just embarrass them.  Since the fans of the older shows are much smaller in number but fiercely loyal, I'm sure the online poling would skew toward those shows (just as they've done in the past).  It just wouldn't look right for them to try to position themselves as new and hip, and then turn around and say that these shows from the 70s and 80s are the most popular ones they have!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 10:28:29 AM »
Luckily, Bob Barker's 80th birthday isn't this year
Well, there is a possibility that the 80th birthday show might be rerun this year, but I wouldn't count on GSN running the same stuff from last year.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

itiparanoid13

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 03:55:36 PM »
The Family Feud marathon does not suprise me, actually.  I got GSN ratings from another GSN person (Again, I can give more info if you need proof), and Family Feud IS the top rated original.  I'm writing a giant report on GSN's ratings and more for GSNN.  Once it's done, I'll post the link here.  Oh, I forgot.  For the 10th Anniversary, GSN is updating their bug a little bit.

tyshaun1

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 04:38:29 PM »
What......GSNX?

Also, do you mean Family Feud is their top rated show overall, or classic show?

Tyshaun

TV Favorites

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 05:14:54 PM »
I think he means highest rated classic game show.  He posted the top six shows on the GSN message board and Feud came in third behind Dodgeball & Blackjack.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 07:43:22 PM »
Yeah, I'll post all my info I got from GSN when I get the last 3 ratings from their people.  I can say that the highest rated show that I have record of right now is Celebrity Blackjack; highest rated classic is Family Feud; highest rated original is Russian Roulette.  I'm still trying to get ratings for Millionaire, Weakest Link, and Win Ben Stein's Money, so the classic category and highest rated show may change.  

I was going to post it here, but I wanted to wait till I had all my information compiled into one post and not scattered over several posts.

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 07:49:12 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 07:43 PM\']Yeah, I'll post all my info I got from GSN when I get the last 3 ratings from their people.  I can say that the highest rated show that I have record of right now is Celebrity Blackjack; highest rated classic is Family Feud; highest rated original is Russian Roulette.  I'm still trying to get ratings for Millionaire, Weakest Link, and Win Ben Stein's Money, so the classic category and highest rated show may change.  

I was going to post it here, but I wanted to wait till I had all my information compiled into one post and not scattered over several posts.
[snapback]62604[/snapback]
[/quote]

I take it the version of Feud you are talking about is Dawson.

I'm curious on how Combs' Feud is doing?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 07:49:21 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

itiparanoid13

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 07:58:17 PM »
Yeah, Dawson.  I forgot to ask about Combs.  I just asked for Feud and thats what they gave me, and said it was Dawson.  I am sure they wouldn't give me the lesser of 2 ratings.