Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Schedule Today  (Read 9293 times)

aaron sica

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 04:56:48 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 04:50 PM\']I just walked in and cannot believe what is on my television...........I can't believe they're showing Feud 94'. What happened to all of this "it left with TPiR on GSN". Hopefully this might show up on the regulatr schedule sometime.
[snapback]62585[/snapback]
[/quote]

Most likely someone who thought they knew what they were talking about, but didn't.

All of a sudden I'm getting dark period flashbacks watching this. :)

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004, 05:09:31 PM »
Going through various ATGS posts from the time, by all indications, FF '94 WAS on the same contract as TPiR.

Four possibilites, at least that I see, really exist here:
A) GSN got a sepearate lease, one-time lease, for this one episode
B)People have been wrong about the issue of them being on the same contract CONSISTENTLY throughout virtually the entire history of the group
C)GSN picked back up the TPiR/FF '94 contract
D)Someone was asleep at the wheel, and let air an episode they currently don't have contractual rights to
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 05:11:53 PM by Seth Thrasher »

TV Favorites

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 05:17:40 PM »
I'm betting that GSN just got the episode for a one time deal.  Although, with GSN being the third highest rated show on the network, perhaps they decided to invest a little more in the franchise.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 06:01:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 03:09 PM\']C)GSN picked back up the TPiR/FF '94 contract
[snapback]62588[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm eliminating this one out of the gate. There is NO FLIPPIN' WAY that GSN wouldn't have TPiR again without airing the living bejesus out of it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 09:44:35 PM »
Another indication that "Feud" '94 was not in the same contract as "TPIR":  Two clips from it were included in that "25 Favorite 'Feud' Moments" marathon they did a few years ago.  One was Dawson's entrance on the first show and I forgot what the other clip was (perhaps it was him talking about not kissing the women any more).

zachhoran

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2004, 09:55:58 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 09:44 PM\']Another indication that "Feud" '94 was not in the same contract as "TPIR":  Two clips from it were included in that "25 Favorite 'Feud' Moments" marathon they did a few years ago.  One was Dawson's entrance on the first show and I forgot what the other clip was (perhaps it was him talking about not kissing the women any more).
[snapback]62621[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was a clip of him with the Schneidmiller family, of which Marci was a $16K winner on Match Game 77. Marci remembered how Richard helped her to win that money back then.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 01:35:16 AM »
The episode is not unwatchable just because one of you Tomarkinites can't see some stupid dance from 20 years ago.
I should ban you just for using the word "Tomarkenite".

PeterTomarkensGal

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 07:26:02 AM »
Or in MY case, TomarkenETTE. :-)

Seriously, I was not at all complaining about yesterday's credit crunches. Like someone else said, I was just pointing it out. I usually keep any kind of complaints I have to myself.  :-)

zachhoran

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 07:17:38 PM »
If GSN could pull these surprises on Halloween, they ought to do to the same thing for XMas, which is on a Saturday this year(no, not that All-Star BtC79 episode again). Most of the classic shows they air on weekends had an Xmas-themed show. Both runs of CS had Xmas shows. Blockbusters had the "gameboard Xmas tree" bits in both 1980 and 1981. For PYL they could show the 1984 Xmas show(with Randy, not Mr. West, becoming the second highest winner at the time) or the 1985 Xmas show with Peter's daughter waking him up at the top of the show and him hosting in a red bathrobe, not seen since its original run (if they have it). Both Dawson and Combs Feud had Xmas shows(save Feud94). MG73 and MG78 had Charles dressing as Santa, and MG90 had an Xmas show.

passwordplus

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2004, 03:01:46 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 08:17 PM\']If GSN could pull these surprises on Halloween, they ought to do to the same thing for XMas, which is on a Saturday this year(no, not that All-Star BtC79 episode again). Most of the classic shows they air on weekends had an Xmas-themed show. Both runs of CS had Xmas shows. Blockbusters had the "gameboard Xmas tree" bits in both 1980 and 1981. For PYL they could show the 1984 Xmas show(with Randy, not Mr. West, becoming the second highest winner at the time) or the 1985 Xmas show with Peter's daughter waking him up at the top of the show and him hosting in a red bathrobe, not seen since its original run (if they have it). Both Dawson and Combs Feud had Xmas shows(save Feud94). MG73 and MG78 had Charles dressing as Santa, and MG90 had an Xmas show.
[snapback]62806[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Combs Xmas Feuds aired last Xmas, and it seems like some Dawson episodes aired as well, but mainly Combs.

Don Howard

GSN Schedule Today
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 09:15:30 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 2 2004, 07:17 PM\'](no, not that All-Star BtC79 episode again
[snapback]62806[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, please show it again, GSN. That soul food joke never gets old.
However, what I'm really expecting is a SPECIAL!! Santas vs. Elves edition of Extreme Fat Baby Squeezing.