Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would this show work for today's audience?  (Read 4142 times)

bulldog_06

Would this show work for today's audience?
« on: October 29, 2004, 03:54:31 PM »
If Treasure Hunt were to be revived would it do good for today's audience?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 03:59:53 PM »
It has already been revived for today's audience.  It is called "The Amazing Race."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Neumms

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 04:03:15 PM »
I don't know if it ever "did good" for the audience, but I'd love to see someone take a crack at it. 40 boxes with a million bucks in one of them, heck sure.

It would have to be different than the production staff coming out and doing sketch comedy for each box, probably as different from Geoff's version as his was from Jan Murray's. Maybe something with more risk involved, even after the box is opened. Maybe there's an "Antiques Road Show" element, where on occasion someone gets an object and they can keep it or sell it for some amount (either way lower or way higher than it's worth). Maybe TH should be licensed for state lottery use.

I realize there's not much "game" to the show, but then, people love to see "Plinko," too.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 05:26:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 04:03 PM\']people love to see "Plinko," too.
[snapback]62378[/snapback]
[/quote]
Most people
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

GSWitch

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 08:15:46 PM »
Since it's Halloween, I think the "Game of the East" (Treasure Hunt) would work.  Just don't merge it with the "Game of the West" (LOL)!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 08:38:37 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 06:15 PM\']Since it's Halloween, I think the "Game of the East" (Treasure Hunt) would work.  Just don't merge it with the "Game of the West" (LOL)!
[snapback]62608[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 08:43:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 08:38 PM\'][quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 06:15 PM\']Since it's Halloween, I think the "Game of the East" (Treasure Hunt) would work.  Just don't merge it with the "Game of the West" (LOL)!
[/quote]
Wow.
[snapback]62613[/snapback]
[/quote]

Your responses to the Witch are always the same. :) I have no idea what you look like, Chris, but I can "invision" (pardon the pun) your jaw dropping at his posts.

tvwxman

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 09:18:26 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 08:15 PM\']Since it's Halloween, I think the "Game of the East" (Treasure Hunt) would work.  Just don't merge it with the "Game of the West" (LOL)!
[/quote]

Your mental issues make TMQ, AdamJK, Bandit, Karlberg, Henke, GSNStooge, and GShowguy seem normal by comparison.

Really normal.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 10:56:27 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 06:43 PM\']Your responses to the Witch are always the same. :) I have no idea what you look like, Chris, but I can "invision" (pardon the pun) your jaw dropping at his posts.
[snapback]62614[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, because that would require using muscle contraction to pick it back up again, and I refuse to waste my energy on tripe that that. I usually just roll my eyes. Conservation of energy and all that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 11:37:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 02:59 PM\']It has already been revived for today's audience.  It is called "The Amazing Race."
[snapback]62377[/snapback]
[/quote]

I may in fact be being retarded here, but Jimmy I think you and the OP are talking about different flavors of treasure hunt.

dmota104

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 06:41:44 AM »
If Treasure Hunt were to be revived would it do good for today's audience?

Only way a TH resembling the '70s and '80s (read: "pure luck") could possibly work in this day and age is if the show's backed by some comedy troupe.  Halfway hate to say it -- but it would also have to be a summertime show on Fox.

Otherwise, there would need to be a quiz element (something akin to the Jan Murray version) before the winning player seeks the grand prize.

RMF

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 03:02:14 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 11:37 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 02:59 PM\']It has already been revived for today's audience.  It is called "The Amazing Race."
[snapback]62377[/snapback]
[/quote]

I may in fact be being retarded here, but Jimmy I think you and the OP are talking about different flavors of treasure hunt.
[snapback]62634[/snapback]
[/quote]

He could be referencing the English game show "Treasure Hunt", which has absolutely nothing to do with either Jan Murray or Chuck Barris.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/index.php/Treasure_Hunt_2

ChuckNet

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 08:02:33 PM »
I'd suggest using both men and women as contestants, and if it's gonna be a primetime game, $100K would be a nice sum for the grand prize check w/out succumbing to the dreaded Mo' Money Syndrome.

And hey, Geoff Edwards isn't doing anything these days...LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

cmjb13

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 08:31:02 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 08:02 PM\']I'd suggest using both men and women as contestants, and if it's gonna be a primetime game, $100K would be a nice sum for the grand prize check w/out succumbing to the dreaded Mo' Money Syndrome.

And hey, Geoff Edwards isn't doing anything these days...LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
[snapback]62711[/snapback]
[/quote]
Isn't Geoff going on cruises or something...
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

mystery7

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 12:30:59 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 09:31 PM\']Isn't Geoff going on cruises or something...
[snapback]62715[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, kinda. But it's all business. He's a travel writer now, and his Website, No Spin Travel, hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe he's on a cruise right now. Or he's playing Quake and demolishing kids one-fifth his age. I hear he's a hell of a player.