Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ever see a game show board game....  (Read 4841 times)

Clay Zambo

Ever see a game show board game....
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 05:53:52 PM »
I know I'd seen "TalkAbout" in stores before I'd seen the show--but that may have been a matter of coverage.  I don't think it *ever* ran in my market.
czambo@mac.com

Bob Zager

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 10:43:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 05:53 PM\']I know I'd seen "TalkAbout" in stores before I'd seen the show--but that may have been a matter of coverage.  I don't think it *ever* ran in my market.
[snapback]62597[/snapback]
[/quote]

"TalkAbout" was already a popular game show on CBC-TV for about a year, before it was syndicated to American television and released as a home game.  

CBC-TV also aired a weekly evening version called "Celebrity TalkAbout," which I believe there is at least one episode of on the trading circuit.

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 11:36:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 10:43 AM\'][quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Oct 31 2004, 05:53 PM\']I know I'd seen "TalkAbout" in stores before I'd seen the show--but that may have been a matter of coverage.  I don't think it *ever* ran in my market.
[snapback]62597[/snapback]
[/quote]

"TalkAbout" was already a popular game show on CBC-TV for about a year, before it was syndicated to American television and released as a home game.  

CBC-TV also aired a weekly evening version called "Celebrity TalkAbout," which I believe there is at least one episode of on the trading circuit.
[snapback]62650[/snapback]
[/quote]

ISTR the home game being plugged from the very beginning of the show's US run.

The Celeb Talkabout episode on the trading circuit was one that was aired in the US, featuring Marc Summers, Geoff Edwards, Scott Nemes, and Steve Skrovan playing for charity. Some stations aired this episode as a preview episode shortly
before the series began, as WNYW aired it in NYC on a Friday night in September 1989, right after an episode of Last Word.