Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Feud Fast Money Board Question  (Read 3991 times)

cmjb13

Combs Feud Fast Money Board Question
« on: July 19, 2003, 10:55:57 AM »
Any reason when they added the Bullseye round, they added an extra digit for the total fast money winnings, but never used it?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TonicBH

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 11:45:51 AM »
One of the age-old unanswered FF questions. I always thought that originally Bullseye was gonna be on the Feud board, and the four digits would show \"1000\" or something to signify the question value.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

wxfrcaster

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 11:59:16 AM »
I always thought that they had maybe planned to give $10 a point in Fast Money, although that is pure speculation.  I think the Bullseye theory is the best - that they were going to use that board, but then decided to use the monitor embedded in the bullseye.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 01:20:13 PM »
Did the bullseye board cover the fast money display?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 01:25:05 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 12:20 PM\'] Did the bullseye board cover the fast money display? [/quote]
Yes. If the tote was used to keep count of the Bullseye question, I'm guessing it was only to keep someone posted on what question to use, i.e. if someone was standing behind the board, so they could know which question to punch into that little monitor.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 01:25:22 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

LA the DJ

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 04:14:03 PM »
Well, I believe that display poked out over the Bullseye board. This way the audience (and whoever in production needed to know) could see the dollare value of the question, since that's the only display on Feud that was superimposed.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 04:58:21 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 01:14 PM\'] since that's the only display on Feud that was superimposed. [/quote]
 But it _wasn't_ superimposed on the Combs version, was it? It looked like they synched in a projector of some sort. I know it was Chyroned on the Dawson version (as \"Bankroll\").
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 05:01:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 03:58 PM\'] [quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 01:14 PM\'] since that's the only display on Feud that was superimposed. [/quote]
But it _wasn't_ superimposed on the Combs version, was it? It looked like they synched in a projector of some sort. I know it was Chyroned on the Dawson version (as "Bankroll"). [/quote]
 No, it wasn't superimposed.  There was a TV monitor in the Bullseye board.

Of course, the four digit display had more of a purpose in Dawson's version.

Brandon Brooks

LA the DJ

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 06:09:13 PM »
Ahhh....I always thought it was Chyroned...
Perhaps in run throughs before the season started it was chyroned...Or possibly didnt use that board at all...

It's kinda like that mystery digit that appeared on teh Ben Stein board the one season....
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 07:46:54 PM »
Wasn't that extra digit on the WBSM tote board used for the special \"BEn Stein Cup\" episodes, where three past players returned and would win $25,000 if they beat Ben in the endgame?

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 05:33:42 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 06:46 PM\'] Wasn't that extra digit on the WBSM tote board used for the special "BEn Stein Cup" episodes, where three past players returned and would win $25,000 if they beat Ben in the endgame? [/quote]
 Nope-they dropped the dollar sign when displaying \"25000\".
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin