Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Was G/T a great place to work?  (Read 7706 times)

inturnaround

Was G/T a great place to work?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 08:31:34 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 03:25 PM\'] I don't know how IMDB gets updated, but when I was last sent a link it was terribly sketchy. I would appreciate somebody copying my website resume and sending it. You can add some VO work for Jimmy Kimmel last week. In exchange, I'll call your name to \"come on down\" in studio 33. No, not during the show!   ;-)
 [/quote]
Randy,

It's really scary at the IMDB. I just got back from an hour of doing stuff there on your credits. Basically, I rehauled what was already there. For whatever reason, there's no real format for announcers. So, I went by the arbitrary formula that whoever did the TPiR listing did and listed you as \"Himself (Announcer)\" so that all your credits (at least the ones that are there already) fall under the same heading as \"Himself\".

I was gonna add more stuff, but it gets murky with a lot of these projects because no one bothered adding even the title to the database and that takes a bit of research (years of broadcast and the host of the show, producers...). If I wasn't going on my trip in 24 hours, I'd do it.... I promise, though, that I'll finish it if no one else picks up the mantle.

Unfortunately, it can take a week for a submission to be approved and made live. So, I'd suggest that someone call dibs on it so that people aren't undoing the work of others.

It was a pleasure to have even tried. Good luck to whoever tries their hand at it, you'll need it!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 08:33:02 AM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

calliaume

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 09:57:57 AM »
If you can find a copy, I highly recommend Ira's book that he wrote in the late 80's. Great first accounts of the early GT stuff (plus a 'Match Game' mention here and there...)

I'll second that.  I Remember Television isn't just about Goodson/Todman (although it takes up a good chunk of the second half of the book), it's about Skutch's career directing in the classic live days of television.  Skutch goes out of his way not to be overly critical, but he doesn't pull punches.

That aside, there probably aren't more than 1,500 or 2,000 copies of the book in existence, so search carefully on eBay or Half.com.

tvrandywest

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 11:42:51 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 07:31 AM\'] It's really scary at the IMDB. I just got back from an hour of doing stuff there on your credits.... If I wasn't going on my trip in 24 hours, I'd do it.... I promise, though, that I'll finish it if no one else picks up the mantle. [/quote]
A giant THANK YOU, Joe.  How can I return the favor?  Happy trippin'!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 11:44:26 AM by tvrandywest »

inturnaround

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 06:37:09 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 10:42 AM\'] A giant THANK YOU, Joe.  How can I return the favor?  Happy trippin'!
 [/quote]
 Thanks! Well, I really haven't done anything other than get the credits that were already there straight so you don't have to return nothin'.

Consider it paying my game show fan dues. :)
Joe Coughlin     
Human