Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A book by Tom Bergeron of HSq  (Read 1809 times)

Mike Tennant

A book by Tom Bergeron of HSq
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:23:03 PM »
I was reading a thread over at g-r.net about a new book called What Were They Thinking?:  The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History.  The person who started the thread mentioned that Professor Price made the list at number 100.  I wouldn't be surprised if You're in the Picture turns up in there as well.

Anyway, my curiosity piqued about the book, I headed over to Amazon to find out more about it.  Lo and behold, one of the co-authors of the book is a fellow named Tom Bergeron!  (The other one is David Hofstede.)  Could this be our Tom?

uncamark

A book by Tom Bergeron of HSq
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 06:11:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Oct 26 2004, 02:23 PM\']I was reading a thread over at g-r.net about a new book called What Were They Thinking?:  The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History.  The person who started the thread mentioned that Professor Price made the list at number 100.  I wouldn't be surprised if You're in the Picture turns up in there as well.

Anyway, my curiosity piqued about the book, I headed over to Amazon to find out more about it.  Lo and behold, one of the co-authors of the book is a fellow named Tom Bergeron!  (The other one is David Hofstede.)  Could this be our Tom?
[snapback]62041[/snapback]
[/quote]

The publisher's web site lists Hofstede as the sole author.  No indication from the site or the book's cover, but I would expect that Tom may've written the foreword to the book.  After all, anyone who hosts "America's Funniest Home Videos" knows something about TV disasters...