Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recent things heard around NBC.  (Read 3854 times)

SimpsonGeek

Recent things heard around NBC.
« on: July 18, 2003, 12:36:25 PM »
First off it looks like we are burning off the rest of the LMaD Eps. on Saturdays next month with no promotion at all. Next, the Newlywed and Dating Game shows have been put on hiatius for now for reasons unknown. Look for more Outragous GS Moments specials coming soon. Now is the part that'll suprise you the most, talks have been going around about reviving Concentration, but nothing has been set in stone and no pilots have been done yet so don't expect anything big soon.

Reggie :)

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 12:39:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 11:36 AM\'] First off it looks like we are burning off the rest of the LMaD Eps. on Saturdays next month with no promotion at all. Next, the Newlywed and Dating Game shows have been put on hiatius for now for reasons unknown. [/quote]
 I think the reason is very clear...LMaD didn't pull the numbers NBC wanted (I never saw an ep., didn't it go against American Idol?), and so NBC is very scared to take a chance on another primetime game show.

Concentration would be cool, even though I'm not holding my breath at all.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SimpsonGeek

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 01:06:26 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 11:39 AM\'][quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 11:36 AM\'] First off it looks like we are burning off the rest of the LMaD Eps. on Saturdays next month with no promotion at all. Next, the Newlywed and Dating Game shows have been put on hiatius for now for reasons unknown. [/quote]
I think the reason is very clear...LMaD didn't pull the numbers NBC wanted (I never saw an ep., didn't it go against American Idol?), and so NBC is very scared to take a chance on another primetime game show.
Concentration would be cool, even though I'm not holding my breath at all.[/quote]

Yes, it did go against AI but the numbers weren't that bad considering it was in the death slot.

calliaume

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 05:38:16 PM »
If there are more episodes of The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments (how many are left, anyway?  Shots of tacky host suits from 1974?), they'll have to be done without Lillie Holstead.  I got an IM from her earlier this week -- she's moved to Louisiana to work on The Football Network (and to be closer to her family).

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 05:41:03 PM »
When are the air dates for the \"lost\" LMaD's?

whampyl03

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 08:07:57 PM »
Good God, how great would it be to see a revival of Concentration! (Probably won't happen, but the thought makes me all tingly inside)  Sucks though that Newlywed and Dating game are on hiatus.

HSquares2003

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 09:08:13 PM »
If they can do Concentration without it being Fremangled too much, that would be great. But look at what happened with CS 2001 when Fremantle brought it back --ick!. Maybe NBC can help Fremangle do this thing right .....

TV Favorites

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 09:15:48 PM »
Fremantle won't be involved unless NBC gets them to produce the show as they did with MGP.  NBC owns the show, so they will probably be producing it themselves.

SimpsonGeek

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 10:49:14 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 04:41 PM\']When are the air dates for the \"lost\" LMaD's?[/quote]
Not too sure, all I know is Saturday night Sorry I couldn't help anymore