Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Rollers question  (Read 1632 times)

whewfan

High Rollers question
« on: October 16, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »
Here's a scenario David Livingston and I were discussing....

Suppose in the bonus game, a player has an insurance marker, and has left on the board a 5 and a 1. The player rolls a 5...

Now, obviously taking off the 5 leaves only the 1, and the bonus game would end right there. HOWEVER, if the player didn't elect to take off the 5, could he use the insurance marker to roll again? I always thought an insurance marker could only be used if the number COULD NOT be taken off the board (either by taking out the single number or taking off numbers that add up to the number rolled on the dice)

Ian Wallis

High Rollers question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 04:26:15 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 08:51 PM\']HOWEVER, if the player didn't elect to take off the 5, could he use the insurance marker to roll again? I always thought an insurance marker could only be used if the number COULD NOT be taken off the board (either by taking out the single number or taking off numbers that add up to the number rolled on the dice)
[snapback]61061[/snapback]
[/quote]

I saw a few shows where the 1 would have been the last number left - but I never saw an episode where the contestant asked the host for another role by using their insurance marker.  I'm 99.99% sure that it wasn't an option.  Whatever you rolled, it had to be taken off the board if there was a way to do it.  In the senario you described, they'd have to take off the 5, the buzzer would sound and they'd win $800 - bonus round over.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gsgalaxy82

High Rollers question
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 05:55:45 PM »
I said that's the way the rule SHOULD have been, but it obviously wasn't.

David