Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel on GSN  (Read 5637 times)

Stevek83

Wheel on GSN
« on: October 15, 2004, 02:01:39 PM »
Does anyone know why the took it off the network or if it'll be back anytime soon.

Thank You

Steve K.

aaron sica

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Stevek83\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 02:01 PM\']Does anyone know why the took it off the network or if it'll be back anytime soon.

Thank You

Steve K.
[snapback]60909[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm hoping they took it off because they knew they were repeating the '88-'89 season ad nauseum....

CaseyAbell

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 09:45:52 PM »
Pure speculation on my part, but Pat Sajak seemed a little ticked when GSN started WoF on an everyday schedule. He made a few less than flattering remarks about GSN on Wheel. Maybe they just decided to take the show off to avoid ruffling feathers.

adamjk

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 10:09:42 PM »
It's also sorta interesting, that by contrast Alex Trebek seems to have no problem with old Jeopardy episodes airing on GSN.

aaron sica

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 10:55:08 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 09:45 PM\']Pure speculation on my part, but Pat Sajak seemed a little ticked when GSN started WoF on an everyday schedule. He made a few less than flattering remarks about GSN on Wheel. Maybe they just decided to take the show off to avoid ruffling feathers.
[snapback]60958[/snapback]
[/quote]

I remember that, and to me, Pat came off like he was joking...

TV Favorites

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 12:11:20 AM »
I wonder how much Pat makes from Wheel of Fortune residuals (if there are any).  I'm sure it's just a drop in the bucket compared to his current Wheel salary, but it seems to me that any residuals he earned would be "free money" for him so it seems it would be in his best interest for them to be reran, even if the residuals aren't great.

passwordplus

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 08:22:49 AM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 12:11 AM\']I wonder how much Pat makes from Wheel of Fortune residuals (if there are any).  I'm sure it's just a drop in the bucket compared to his current Wheel salary, but it seems to me that any residuals he earned would be "free money" for him so it seems it would be in his best interest for them to be reran, even if the residuals aren't great.
[snapback]60982[/snapback]
[/quote]

Depends on when the markets(local stations) air Wheel(or Jeopardy for that matter), they could be airing against each other(rerun vs. new show). Some dumb-butt probably can't tell the difference, thus the confusion.

On a side note(same idea), when I first saw GSN for the first time in Radio Shack back in 1998, TPIR was on the air at 4pm. The dumb gal working  the register said "Bob Barker's hair looks really great, he should dye it more often". I then had to explain the episode was from '80 or '81(they were playing Lucky Seven for a four digit car with the Family Feud theme as the cue)

tvwxman

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 10:08:20 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 08:45 PM\']Pure speculation on my part, but Pat Sajak seemed a little ticked when GSN started WoF on an everyday schedule. He made a few less than flattering remarks about GSN on Wheel. Maybe they just decided to take the show off to avoid ruffling feathers.
[snapback]60958[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pat doesn't get a say in what GSN decides to air.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

CaseyAbell

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 11:39:51 AM »
Of course, Sajak doesn't set GSN's schedule. But he's not just another Sony employee. When he starts getting sarcastic about GSN, even in a "joking" way, people notice. Maybe the GSN folks just decided to smooth things over. It's not like WoF was a huge part of their schedule, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 11:41:08 AM by CaseyAbell »

passwordplus

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 12:36:58 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 11:39 AM\']Of course, Sajak doesn't set GSN's schedule. But he's not just another Sony employee. When he starts getting sarcastic about GSN, even in a "joking" way, people notice. Maybe the GSN folks just decided to smooth things over. It's not like WoF was a huge part of their schedule, anyway.
[snapback]61011[/snapback]
[/quote]

2001 seems like the last time it would have been a factor in their schedule. I remember it airing at 9am and 1pm, I can't remember if it was the same show for both slots though. Horan? Ottinger? Somebody that knows for sure could say.

aaron sica

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 01:08:14 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 08:22 AM\']
On a side note(same idea), when I first saw GSN for the first time in Radio Shack back in 1998, TPIR was on the air at 4pm. The dumb gal working  the register said "Bob Barker's hair looks really great, he should dye it more often". I then had to explain the episode was from '80 or '81(they were playing Lucky Seven for a four digit car with the Family Feud theme as the cue)
[snapback]61003[/snapback]
[/quote]

Reminds me of when I would be in Wal-Mart, and they had all their TV's hooked up to a DirecTV receiver (this was in 1998 as well). I would put it on GSN and leave it there, just to see how people would react to the shows and the channel (this was 1998, when GSN was still a relative unknown (at least it seemed to me), with its coverage still mainly on BUD's and the DBS services.

sshuffield70

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 01:32:02 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 11:36 AM\'][quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 11:39 AM\']Of course, Sajak doesn't set GSN's schedule. But he's not just another Sony employee. When he starts getting sarcastic about GSN, even in a "joking" way, people notice. Maybe the GSN folks just decided to smooth things over. It's not like WoF was a huge part of their schedule, anyway.
[snapback]61011[/snapback]
[/quote]

2001 seems like the last time it would have been a factor in their schedule. I remember it airing at 9am and 1pm, I can't remember if it was the same show for both slots though. Horan? Ottinger? Somebody that knows for sure could say.
[snapback]61014[/snapback]
[/quote]

There was a time when GSN was operating in 4 hour blocks (8am-noon repeats noon-4pm, 4pm-8pm, then 8pm-midnight repeated from midnight to four.)  In your post above WOF was 10am and 2pm weekends (and yes.....same show).

tommycharles

Wheel on GSN
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 02:29:01 AM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 11:36 AM\']Horan? Ottinger?
[snapback]61014[/snapback]
[/quote]

Surely lumping Matt and Zach in the same catagory is Iso-Booth worthy? ;-)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wheel on GSN
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 02:32:44 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 07:22 AM\']On a side note(same idea), when I first saw GSN for the first time in Radio Shack back in 1998, TPIR was on the air at 4pm. The dumb gal working  the register said "Bob Barker's hair looks really great, he should dye it more often".
[snapback]61003[/snapback]
[/quote]
Radio Shack...that explains everything!
--Mark
Phil 4:13