Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL this weekend  (Read 7297 times)

tyshaun1

PYL this weekend
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 10:13:12 PM »
Pretty much any episode that Peter mentions that a HPG is coming, USA skipped over. So from the point where Peter starts to mention that the 3rd HPG is coming (which should happen on 9/16/85, or about 2 weeks from today) is where USA jumped. They also didn't air the 1st ep. of the final HPS either. (Lord, when did I cease having a life? ;))

Tyshaun

roadgeek

PYL this weekend
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004, 01:50:56 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 09:13 PM\'](Lord, when did I cease having a life? ;))
[snapback]61064[/snapback]
[/quote]
I know you're just kidding, but I think it's fair to point out that, if anyone else took the same amount of time and effort many here have dedicated to GSs and instead dedicated it to sports trivia, they would be considered "normal". (At least that's how I rationalize my enjoyment of game shows, amongst other "geeky" hobbies.) So I don't see anything wrong with knowing so much about PYL. I appreciate your posts!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 01:54:40 AM by roadgeek »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
PYL this weekend
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 02:27:52 AM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 10:50 PM\']I know you're just kidding, but I think it's fair to point out that, if anyone else took the same amount of time and effort many here have dedicated to GSs and instead dedicated it to sports trivia, they would be considered "normal".
[snapback]61073[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, they would be considered sports geeks. :)

The key is in coming to terms with the realization that there is nothing WRONG with being a geek. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jdhernandez

PYL this weekend
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2004, 04:01:23 AM »
Good on ya, Tyshaun! I thought I remembered Jin when I saw her on her first episode last weekend. Actually, I could have sworn, though, that USA didn't air the first couple episodes from the third, and final, HPS maybe a couple times. Either way, I believe it's when Peter stops introducing Add-A-One as a new prize on the board is when he begins to mention the HPS.

You're not the only one, Ty....I'm just as bad. =)

As an aside, the episode aired today was from my 2nd birthday: 9/10/85. Hurrah...
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

roadgeek

PYL this weekend
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2004, 08:39:41 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 17 2004, 01:27 AM\']The key is in coming to terms with the realization that there is nothing WRONG with being a geek. :)
[snapback]61076[/snapback]
[/quote]
Amen to that. I made the "normal" statement having grown up in a sports-crazy extended family. BTW, I apologize to those that are sports geeks and may have taken my statements the wrong way... I was attacking the double-standard that I saw from my own experience, not the geekery itself.

ObGameShows: While I anxiously await the unveiling of Jason H's newly updated site ;), here's an updated episode list someone made to tide me over, featuring the most recent episodes shown on GSN -- perhaps someone else will also find it useful: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~awakamat/pylguide5.htm

aaron sica

PYL this weekend
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2004, 03:00:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 17 2004, 02:27 AM\']
The key is in coming to terms with the realization that there is nothing WRONG with being a geek. :)
[snapback]61076[/snapback]
[/quote]

I second the amen. My girlfriend's always telling me I'm a geek after I spout some random fact of Game Shows, the Weather Channel, roadgeeking, whatnot. (She's a geek too, and she'll admit to it).

For years I was in denial that I was a geek. No longer. :)

Ian Wallis

PYL this weekend
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2004, 03:55:50 PM »
Pretty much any episode that Peter mentions that a HPG is coming, USA skipped over.

There were also episodes from the last two weeks of December 1985, including the Christmas show, which haven't been seen since their CBS days.

And wait until we get to 1986 (if GSN goes that far) - there's a whole pile from spring 1986 USA skipped over too!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!