Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Richard Karn Interview  (Read 2988 times)

mystery7

Richard Karn Interview
« on: October 12, 2004, 05:28:08 PM »
The TV station I'm with had a live satellite interview with Richard Karn yesterday morning. He also might've been on a station you watch. He was on a media tour for a program called Call2Recycle, which helps recycle old cell phones. Of course, the subject of Family Feud came up, and our anchor asked why Richard didn't kiss the women on the show. Richard's answer: "I don't feel the need to. That was the other Richard's inclination." We did point out to him that there's a clip of him kissing a woman in a Feud promo that we run. He said it was '70s week, and it kinda fit the mood. Free love, baby.

joshg

Richard Karn Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 06:12:13 PM »
Back in '98, I remember my boss (who is the news director/program director and much more) asking me if I thought 'Match Game' was a good fit for the station. I said no. This station (owned by a religious family) didn't air certain episodes of 'Coach' because of "racy" content. So, you can imagine how many episodes of MG would not have been shown...

I think the ND/PD/etc was also offered '100%', but didn't buy. I guess we spent too much money on 'Matlock' rereuns. ;-)

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Mike Tennant

Richard Karn Interview
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:11:20 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Oct 12 2004, 05:12 PM\']Back in '98, I remember my boss (who is the news director/program director and much more) asking me if I thought 'Match Game' was a good fit for the station. I said no. This station (owned by a religious family) didn't air certain episodes of 'Coach' because of "racy" content. So, you can imagine how many episodes of MG would not have been shown...

I think the ND/PD/etc was also offered '100%', but didn't buy. I guess we spent too much money on 'Matlock' rereuns. ;-)
[snapback]60564[/snapback]
[/quote]
And this is related to the subject at hand . . . how?

mystery7

Richard Karn Interview
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 09:42:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Oct 12 2004, 09:11 PM\'][quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Oct 12 2004, 05:12 PM\']Back in '98, I remember my boss (who is the news director/program director and much more) asking me if I thought 'Match Game' was a good fit for the station. I said no. This station (owned by a religious family) didn't air certain episodes of 'Coach' because of "racy" content. So, you can imagine how many episodes of MG would not have been shown...

[/quote]
[snapback]60592[/snapback]
[/quote]

The station Josh is talking about is the one I work at now, which airs both runs of Feud.

joshg

Richard Karn Interview
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 06:39:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Oct 12 2004, 05:11 PM\'][quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Oct 12 2004, 05:12 PM\']Back in '98, I remember my boss (who is the news director/program director and much more) asking me if I thought 'Match Game' was a good fit for the station. I said no. This station (owned by a religious family) didn't air certain episodes of 'Coach' because of "racy" content. So, you can imagine how many episodes of MG would not have been shown...

[/quote]
[snapback]60592[/snapback]
[/quote]

...and that's what I get for posting while asleep, kids.

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...