Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL this weekend  (Read 7286 times)

zachhoran

PYL this weekend
« on: October 10, 2004, 08:27:30 PM »
Since the big-time PYL fans of the board haven't mentioned it, Saturday's show saw the debut of Add-a-One. Sunday's show saw the 200th show of the set of PYL shows GSN began rotating in June 2003(first on PYL Wednesday from June-Octo 2003, and since last October on weekends). If they only acquired 200 in said set, next Saturday will see a return to a PYL episode already seen on GSN.

roadgeek

PYL this weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 10:30:09 PM »
Actually, I think Add-A-One premiered a week ago today (October 3, a Sunday).  I remember because I updated my website with the premiere date last Tuesday.

zachhoran

PYL this weekend
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 10:59:06 PM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Oct 10 2004, 09:30 PM\']
Actually, I think Add-A-One premiered a week ago today (October 3, a Sunday).  I remember because I updated my website with the premiere date last Tuesday.

I just saw yesterday's airing on tape, and Add-a-One premiered on that episode.

tyshaun1

PYL this weekend
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 11:29:52 PM »
Actually, I believe that GSN has now aired 202 episodes, counting the "unaired" episode. Perhaps they negotiated a longer agreement last time? I'm not complaining. :)

Tyshaun

roadgeek

PYL this weekend
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 12:03:44 AM »
Okay... just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I checked my tapes.  Here's what I have:

Sunday, October 3: #508 Nomi/Steve/Janis, originally aired 9/5/85.  Add-A-One does appear in this episode, along with a weird edit during its introduction.
Saturday, October 9: #509 Carol/Nomi/Bill, originally aired 9/6/85.  Peter introduces Add-A-One again, and is hit during this episode.
Sunday, October 10: #510 Jin/Bill/Edith, originally aired 9/9/85.  Peter introduces Add-A-One a third time (but isn't hit).  In addition, Jin plays against the house during R2.

Like Tyshaun, I also thought we were now at 202 episodes, but I wasn't keeping track all that well.

tvmitch

PYL this weekend
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 12:14:32 AM »
I remember in the USA reruns that Peter mentioned the debut of Add-A-One several times...I guess to keep reminding viewers it was new. I think this went on for a couple weeks at least.
You should follow me on Twitter

Chelsea Thrasher

PYL this weekend
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 12:29:48 AM »
Episode count ended last time at 310.  It WAS 309, but they, at least suppoesedly, got Episode 310 as exchange for a damaged episode from the Home Player week that they never showed....

Eh, we'll know Saturday

tyshaun1

PYL this weekend
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 12:42:36 AM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Oct 11 2004, 12:03 AM\']
Like Tyshaun, I also thought we were now at 202 episodes, but I wasn't keeping track all that well.
[/quote]
Yet, unless they didn't have to count that sixth Teen Week show, and the 12/3/84 show was a make good, that still means they've aired 201 episodes. But, you're all right, we'll know for sure Saturday.

Tyshaun

WhammyPower

PYL this weekend
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 08:38:20 AM »
You DO know that there are "edit" and "delete" buttons, right?

passwordplus

PYL this weekend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 06:47:37 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 11 2004, 08:38 AM\']You DO know that there are "edit" and "delete" buttons, right?
[snapback]60388[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't forget "Ignore user" also! (grin)

jdhernandez

PYL this weekend
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 07:45:40 PM »
...that's because the big-time PYL fans seem to be scarce here. (Tyshaun and I)

So I was happily stunned to see that PYL has now aired *at least* 201 of the said episodes, not counting the bonus goodie we got from Back-to-School Week a few weeks ago. I say, let's just sit back and enjoy it!

BTW, the reason it's not up on my site....is because I've never seen these episodes before, either! Ahhh, I love that feeling again; I feel like a kid again. :-)

Even if GSn goes all the way back to 1984, I wouldn't mind it too much. I haven't seen those early episodes in a long time now! If they did, indeed, pick up more episodes than we all thought, then good on you, GSN!

Also, as the sayings go, "You never know with GSN" & the ever-popular "This is GSN we're talking about." Stay tuned, kiddies! :-D
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

tyshaun1

PYL this weekend
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 11:38:55 AM »
Well we can put this baby to bed. PYL is currently airing 9/10/85, so in fact GSN has more than 200 episodes in its arsenal. So in a couple of weeks, they will air episodes that haven't been seen since its CBS days.

Tyshaun

passwordplus

PYL this weekend
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 12:38:02 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 11:38 AM\']Well we can put this baby to bed. PYL is currently airing 9/10/85, so in fact GSN has more than 200 episodes in its arsenal. So in a couple of weeks, they will air episodes that haven't been seen since its CBS days.

Tyshaun
[snapback]61010[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cool! You can almost say "PYL is NEW NEW NEW!"(well sort of).

roadgeek

PYL this weekend
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 12:59:30 PM »
At first, I wasn't sure about how I'd like the Season Three episodes, but between the slide blow-up, the "lost episode", a 12-spin episode, last week's episode against the house, and today's episode (both a $10 Add-A-One hit, and someone earning 12 spins during Round 2), this has turned out to be a great (or at least unusual) batch of episodes!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 01:00:35 PM by roadgeek »

Rastaub

PYL this weekend
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 08:05:16 PM »
Question for Tyshaun or Jason H or anyone that knows ................

You mention above that if GSN continues to show New to GSN episodes of PYL, that we will see episodes that didnt air since the CBS days.. To the best of your knowledge, what span of episodes didnt USA air?

I know I have the Labor Day 1985 episode in my collection from USA, and then also episodes from the OCT- 85 Home Player Sweepstakes from USA recordings as well.

Were you referring to episodes from right now until the start of the HPS, or something else?