Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Ad question...  (Read 3757 times)

tommycharles

GSN Ad question...
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:41:20 PM »
Found this on Brian May's website - "American Idol's most popular reject will release a Christmas CD "Hung for the Holidays" on Oct. 19, which will include a "bonus" rendition of Queen's "We Are the Champions" - used in a summer TV ad campaign for the Game Show Network. "

I was in the UK for all of June and most of July, so it could be that I just never heard it... was this as terrible as it sounds?

FeudDude

GSN Ad question...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 03:57:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Oct 19 2004, 02:41 PM\']Found this on Brian May's website - "American Idol's most popular reject will release a Christmas CD "Hung for the Holidays" on Oct. 19, which will include a "bonus" rendition of Queen's "We Are the Champions" - used in a summer TV ad campaign for the Game Show Network. "

I was in the UK for all of June and most of July, so it could be that I just never heard it... was this as terrible as it sounds?
[snapback]61369[/snapback]
[/quote]

GSN "world premiered" William Hung's "We Are The Champions" video on June 15th, right before the premiere of Extreme Dodgeball.  Apparently this was supposed to be part of a "Summer of Champions" campaign for GSN, but I don't remember seeing any such ads.  Which is probably a good thing.

Mike Tennant

GSN Ad question...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 04:53:51 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Oct 19 2004, 02:41 PM\']Found this on Brian May's website - "American Idol's most popular reject will release a Christmas CD "Hung for the Holidays" on Oct. 19
[snapback]61369[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hey, why not?  Ol' Bill Shatner has a new album out now.