Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question About Tapings  (Read 6465 times)

tvrandywest

Question About Tapings
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2004, 12:58:27 PM »
Yes, once the official home to "the nooner" for CBS employees and guests with high libidos, The Farmer's Daughter has been nicely refurbished. They also enjoy catering to the TPiR guest - Don't miss their TPiR "Wall of Fame" and the evening before meeting / pep rally for hopeful contestants.

The former restaurant/bar building next door was THE watering hole for a number of CBS luminaries in the 60s and 70s. They regularly included stars, staff, suits and talent over the years. Not the least of which, the great Johnny O. You see, it is vital for announcers to regularly moisten the larynx, pharyx, fauces and adjacent structures utilized in the production of speech.  

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Timsterino

Question About Tapings
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 04:06:06 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 05:38 PM\']I bet it would be hectic to go on Mondays, is it possible to catch Both on the Monday?

If im going to spend a day going to a TV show taping my as well use the whole day.
[snapback]59226[/snapback]
[/quote]

It is very rare to get into both Monday tapings but it can be done. I once went in October to a Monday early taping. The taping ended and Rod Roddy announced to the crowd that they still had a few spaces left for the later taping. My party and I ran outside and sure enough got into the second taping.

So yes, rare as can be, it can and does happen. But do not expect that to be the case.

Good luck!
Tim :-)

uncamark

Question About Tapings
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2004, 04:32:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Oct 7 2004, 11:58 AM\']Yes, once the official home to "the nooner" for CBS employees and guests with high libidos, The Farmer's Daughter has been nicely refurbished. They also enjoy catering to the TPiR guest - Don't miss their TPiR "Wall of Fame" and the evening before meeting / pep rally for hopeful contestants.
[snapback]59861[/snapback]
[/quote]

I know you can't name any names, Randy, but were any big stars emulating the Starland Vocal Band at the Farmer's Daughter back in the day?

Yeah, those two game show personalities, but we all know they did it in Encino.  :)

tvrandywest

Question About Tapings
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 08:34:29 PM »
Rumor, heresay, myth and speculation. But some of it is quite believeable.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Question About Tapings
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 12:13:41 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Oct 7 2004, 11:58 AM\']Don't miss their TPiR "Wall of Fame" and the evening before meeting / pep rally for hopeful contestants.
[snapback]59861[/snapback]
[/quote]
Getting this topic to something, ahem, straighter, I'll attest to the evening before meeting/pep rally (even though I went to a Tuesday taping--I actually did it Sunday night figuring that I'd be sleeping during the time of the Monday meeting).  And there's a nice autographed photo of Randy on that "Wall of Fame."

The guy who runs that meeting is just one member of the "most helpful desk staff" I referred to earlier.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

remlap

Question About Tapings
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 03:32:37 PM »
Thanks for ALL the advice guys gonna be a long year but I cant wait to go.

John also thanks for the link on Golden-road never noticed that before though I love Marc's site dont understand why I got banned from it at all.

Farmers Daugters seems the hotel of choice then :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 03:33:03 PM by remlap »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Question About Tapings
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 04:39:42 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 8 2004, 12:32 PM\']John also thanks for the link on Golden-road never noticed that before though I love Marc's site dont understand why I got banned from it at all.
[snapback]60064[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have some guesses.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

remlap

Question About Tapings
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 07:19:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 8 2004, 09:39 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 8 2004, 12:32 PM\']John also thanks for the link on Golden-road never noticed that before though I love Marc's site dont understand why I got banned from it at all.
[snapback]60064[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have some guesses.
[snapback]60073[/snapback]
[/quote]

And they are?