Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question About Tapings  (Read 6647 times)

remlap

Question About Tapings
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:07:26 AM »
Hi,

Me and my family are thinking of going to LA in half term holidays of October of 2005, (normally its the last week of October).

Anyway what gameshows are taping in LA that always stay in LA since I guess WOF and Jeopardy do move around a bit.

With Jet lag and that kinda of stuff I was wondering does TPiR tape on Wednesdays so we have a few days before TPiR and a few days afterwards

Any help be appreacitated

This will be my first long haul flight 18hrs and travel time to London, but we are thinking of doing a stop of in Florida then transfering since the Local airport flys to Florida

Cheers

Pat

Edit- Does anyone know the time difference between PST AND GMT?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 09:13:08 AM by remlap »

zachhoran

Question About Tapings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 09:22:16 AM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 08:07 AM\'] Hi,

Me and my family are thinking of going to LA in half term holidays of October of 2005, (normally its the last week of October).

Anyway what gameshows are taping in LA that always stay in LA since I guess WOF and Jeopardy do move around a bit.

With Jet lag and that kinda of stuff I was wondering does TPiR tape on Wednesdays so we have a few days before TPiR and a few days afterwards

[/quote]
 J! will be taping at the Univ. of Pittsburgh the second weekend of October for the College Tourney. WOF does road shows, they're doing shows in Kansas City later this season and did shows in Philadelphia this Summer. Feud and TPIR always tape in LA. The CBS TPIR did one road show in Vegas in late 2001, but they don't plan to do more road shows due to the confusion over tickets for the Vegas show.

TPIR tapes two shows on Monday, and one each on Tue, Wed, and Thurs. Arrive in the early morning for the Wed taping, people start to really line up by 5-6AM PST for the show which tapes around 2:30PM.

cmjb13

Question About Tapings
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 09:29:19 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 09:22 AM\']The CBS TPIR did one road show in Vegas in late 2001, but they don't plan to do more road shows due to the confusion over tickets for the Vegas show.[/quote]
It was actually January of 2002.

There have been talks about doing another road show. When I was there earlier this year, during a chat with Rich Fields, he mentioned he heard they may do another road show. Who knows.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

remlap

Question About Tapings
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 09:41:28 AM »
Thanks zachhoran

I would be intrested in going to Family Feud/Fortunes since the family knows the format of both TPiR and Fued from British version it wouldnt be so boring for them.

Where does Feud tape, and how the ticket set up

Chief-O

Question About Tapings
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 11:29:14 AM »
Feud is shot at Tribune Studios [KTLA-5]. I don't know how their ticket set-up is, however.
.....and it goes like this!!!

Steve McClellan

Question About Tapings
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 01:24:17 PM »
Feud tickets: http://64.207.140.131/schedule.php?show_id=8

Nothing yet for the last week - keep checking back. You could also call On Camera Audiences at the number listed to see if they have anything in the time period you're looking for.

I posted this at 10:24 a.m. PDT. Look at the time stamp above (which should be from your time zone) and compare. :)  (I think it's seven hours, but there will be an extra hour of difference starting on Oct. 31, when Daylight Saving time ends, as well.)

remlap

Question About Tapings
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 03:41:22 PM »
Thanks Steve.

Ill keep that in my favorites till this time next year, also take look around that site see what it has to offer

Maybe I posted a bit to early but im that kinda chappy, if its going to cost (certain amount here) lets make it enjoyable :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 03:42:32 PM by remlap »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Question About Tapings
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 04:50:30 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 08:22 AM\']TPIR tapes two shows on Monday, and one each on Tue, Wed, and Thurs. Arrive in the early morning for the Wed taping, people start to really line up by 5-6AM PST for the show which tapes around 2:30PM.
[snapback]58960[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's not just the Wednesday taping that you need to to line-up for in the early morning.  It's also recommended lining up early for the Tuesday or Thursday taping as well (which also start at 2:30 PM PT).  I don't remember how the Monday line-up works with the two tapings (somewhere on this board I had posted a link to an excellent TPiR primer, which should have that info somewhere).  FWIW, my taping was a Tuesday and I got there real early (and wound up on all of your TV screens from the second row).

Doug -- and the countdown to 700 continues (and I like the new board set-up)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 09:22:47 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

remlap

Question About Tapings
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 05:38:54 PM »
I was actually looking into staying the whole Week at the Farmers Daughters hotel across the street since it be easier for that time of night

I bet it would be hectic to go on Mondays, is it possible to catch Both on the Monday?

If im going to spend a day going to a TV show taping my as well use the whole day.

SRIV94

Question About Tapings
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 09:27:29 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 04:38 PM\']I was actually looking into staying the whole Week at the Farmers Daughters hotel across the street since it be easier for that time of night

I bet it would be hectic to go on Mondays, is it possible to catch Both on the Monday?

If im going to spend a day going to a TV show taping my as well use the whole day.
[snapback]59226[/snapback]
[/quote]
My understanding is that you pretty much cannot get into both tapings, unless you've attended the first taping and by some miracle there aren't enough audience members to fill up the second taping (so for all intents and purposes, the answer is "no").

Surprisingly enough, I found the Farmer's Daughter quite attractive (insert your own joke here).  :)  

Doug -- and the countdown to 700 continues
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

remlap

Question About Tapings
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 10:12:02 PM »
Thanks very much SRIV94, did you stay at the Farmers Daughers Hotel then?

And if you didnt how far is all the sites from the hotel

Cheers

Patrick

SRIV94

Question About Tapings
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 11:27:09 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 1 2004, 09:12 PM\']Thanks very much SRIV94, did you stay at the Farmers Daughers Hotel then?

And if you didnt how far is all the sites from the hotel

Cheers

Patrick
[snapback]59269[/snapback]
[/quote]
1.  Please call me Doug--everyone else does.

2.  And, yes, I did stay there, which proved to be quite convenient for the early morning campout in line.  I also found it to be a relatively accessible place for several other stops I had made on my L.A. trip (even for a quick excursion to Beverly Hills).  The desk staff there was most helpful, but you might want to do some checking around just the same.

Doug -- and the countdown to 700 continues (while the Cubs' tragic number is down to 1)
Doug

ClockGameJohn

Question About Tapings
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2004, 01:24:54 AM »
Message Board member MSTieScott compiled a wonderful guide which should answer all of your questions.

It can be found here:

http://www.golden-road.net/modules.php?nam...order=0&thold=0

Pyramid80

Question About Tapings
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2004, 07:59:44 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Sep 30 2004, 03:50 PM\']I don't remember how the Monday line-up works with the two tapings (somewhere on this board I had posted a link to an excellent TPiR primer, which should have that info somewhere).
Doug -- and the countdown to 700 continues (and I like the new board set-up)
[snapback]59027[/snapback]
[/quote]

I went to a taping on September 20th which happened to be a Monday.  I had tickets to the 2nd show.  I arrived at CBS at 3:45 and was number 70 in line and was number 23 when I received my priority number.

The first group was leaving their taping when the 2nd group was going through the interviews.  I am with the other guy, I don't see how you can see 2 shows unless a miracle occurs and they need people from the 1st show to sit in on the 2nd.  I went back on Thursday to visit the CBS gift shop and there were people with standby numbers of 96+.  So I would recommend getting there super early any other day than Monday.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 08:00:03 AM by Pyramid80 »

vtown7

Question About Tapings
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 09:52:35 AM »
When I went in the summer of 2003 I was in line about 3.30 am for the Monday 1.15 pm taping, and ended up being priority number 96 or so.

So, yes, early is the way to go.  I stayed at the Econo Lodge at Vine and Melrose (IIRC) and it was quite nice.  Not too expensive either.

Ryan :)