Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Favorite/Least Favorite Theme Songs  (Read 44694 times)

DrBear

Your Favorite/Least Favorite Theme Songs
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2004, 07:41:44 AM »
I'm not awake enough today to do a list - TTTT 7x is my fave and that's no lie, lie, you're telling a lie...

And although I like it, I can tell you my wife's least favorite - Monopoly. She listened to my Game Show Themes CD and when it got to "M...Oh! N....Oh!" she turned to me and growled "you know what they MEAN by that, don't you!"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

adamjk

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2004, 08:34:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 10:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:42 PM\'] and...one im sure Ill get flamed for....Card Sharks...perry. Sorry folks, but I never cared for this theme! [/quote]
I don't think anyone will have a good cause to flame you, because it's your opinion.  If someone does flame you, they are a close-minded individual.  That said, I'm sure a certain individual will soon inquire as to why you don't like that theme. In addition, I refuse to clairfy why I dislike Price's theme. [/quote]
 For the record Dsmith, I was not flaming you, but was just curious as to why you do not like the Price theme. That being said, I understand and respect the fact that you don't want to explain why.

tvwxman

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2004, 08:52:57 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 07:34 AM\']
For the record Dsmith, I was not flaming you, but was just curious as to why you do not like the Price theme. That being said, I understand and respect the fact that you don't want to explain why. [/quote]
This child defends himself more than Bob Barker these days.

And yet, Adam, there is an obvious reason why your posts are laughed at around here. Because not only do you feel the need to focus on the most trivial aspects of someone else's post, you feel the need to not even answer the original question!

The OP called for everyone's opinion of best and worst themes. You could have listed yours. Instead, you feel it's better to get into a pissing match with someone over something you said. And I know that what you asked was innocent enough. It just didn't have anything a damn thing to do with the original question.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 08:53:30 AM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Ian Wallis

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2004, 09:02:48 AM »
As a side note: There wasn't ever an attempt to have the syndicated "To Tell the Truth" theme released as a single, was there?

To the best of my knowledge (and looking through all my vinyl record release books), no.  There have been several themes that were released as singles, but Matt Ottinger does a good job at describing those on his site.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2004, 09:14:38 AM »
My list changes from time to time, but here are my current rakings:

Favorites:

1. Whew
2. Jeopardy '78
3. Who Wants to be a Millionaire
4. Las Vegas Gambit
5. Hollywood Sqaures '86
6. Dating Game '78 closing theme
7. Wheel of Fortune '75

Least favorites:

1. Go
2. To Tell the Truth 69-78  (I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I never cared for the vocal version of this theme.  However, I love the '90s instrumental remake!)
3. Whammy
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2004, 09:20:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 08:14 AM\']
2. To Tell the Truth 69-78  (I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I never cared for the vocal version of this theme.  However, I love the '90s instrumental remake!)
 [/quote]
 The original plan for the 90s TTTT theme was to have a cappella group Take 6(who had some notoriety around that time, in part due to backing up Don Henley on his solo hit "New York Minute") sing the vocal parts from the 70s theme.

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2004, 10:49:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:18 PM\'] I like Conti's theme for The Colbys, too, but that's not a game show either. [/quote]
Semi-OT:
But the Colby's and Dynasty WERE game shows...two families fighting over oil rights, or something like that. It was Family Feud with crude!

I thought The Colby's theme was nothing more than a variation of the Dynasty theme. I prefer the Dallas theme myself. In fact, Dallas is another game show, very similar to Dynasty...in fact, Dallas is to Family Feud what Dynasty was to Hot Potato.

ObGameShow: John Forsythe made appearances on The $10,000 Pyramid and Match Game 75.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 10:59:34 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Don Howard

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2004, 10:54:49 AM »
Dallas is to Family Feud what Dynasty was to Hot Potato.
Making Flamingo Road the equivalent of Match Game '98/99.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 10:55:23 AM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2004, 10:59:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 09:54 AM\']
Dallas is to Family Feud what Dynasty was to Hot Potato.
Making Flamingo Road the equivalent of Match Game '98/99. [/quote]
 All I know about Flamingo Road was that it had a very catchy theme song.

All I want to remember from MG98 was that it had a very catchy theme song.

That analogy works for me.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

dzinkin

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2004, 11:00:37 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 08:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 07:34 AM\']
For the record Dsmith, I was not flaming you, but was just curious as to why you do not like the Price theme. That being said, I understand and respect the fact that you don't want to explain why. [/quote]
This child defends himself more than Bob Barker these days. [/quote]
 The comparison is particularly apt, as Barker never admits when he's wrong either.

That said:

FAVORITE THEMES

1. Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour
2. Password Plus
3. Tic Tac Dough ('78)
4. The Joker's Wild ('78)
5. Pyramid ('82)

LEAST FAVORITE THEMES

1. Press Your Luck
2. Whammy
3. The Joker's Wild ('90)
4. Pyramid ('02)
5. Scattergories

ITSBRY

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2004, 11:11:27 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:42 PM\'] Whammy-liked the show, hated the theme/
 [/quote]
 Did this grow on anyone else?  I didn't like it at first, but by the end of the run, it seemed to fit the show.  It could have been a bit longer, but it was OK.

Same thing w/ the current Feud.  The classic theme, as great as that is, just seemed oddly out of place.  The current theme is pretty cool and fits the "feel" of the show.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2004, 11:16:41 AM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 10:11 AM\'] Same thing w/ the current Feud.  The classic theme, as great as that is, just seemed oddly out of place.  The current theme is pretty cool and fits the "feel" of the show.
 [/quote]
 I actually do like the current Feud theme, with the Karn remix being my fave of the two. Whammy's theme was OK, at least it had some sort of distinct melody.

tvwxman

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2004, 11:31:37 AM »
Faves :

1. High Rollers 78
2. Now You See It
3. Jeopardy (Current) ...yep...i'm the only one! :)
4. Classic Concentration
5. Big Showdown
6. WOF Big Wheels
7. Password Plus

Least Faves :

1. CS 01
2. MG 98
3. FF 2003 (are you spotting a trend?)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Don Howard

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2004, 11:33:34 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 10:31 AM\'] Faves:
3. Jeopardy (Current) ...yep...i'm the only one! :)
 [/quote]
 No, you're not. I like it, too. It's an actual bona fide theme...one of the few in this day and age. It just doesn't go into my top five--top fifteen maybe.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2004, 12:12:57 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 06:20 AM\'] The original plan for the 90s TTTT theme was to have a cappella group Take 6(who had some notoriety around that time, in part due to backing up Don Henley on his solo hit "New York Minute") sing the vocal parts from the 70s theme. [/quote]
 Good thing they aborted it. What they eventually used was far better and far more distinguished.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe