Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: He's Back!  (Read 3511 times)

LetsGoMets2003

He's Back!
« on: July 17, 2003, 01:40:13 AM »
For those of you who missed it....

He'd been on the show before, but tonight (Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning) on Craig Kilborn's Late Late Show, Rod Roddy surprised guest (and former Doogie Howser star) Neil Patrick Harris. Harris, who is a fan of game shows, had told Craig how much he loved the Price is Right (he TiVO's it every day), and how Bob Barker autographed the back of his homemade Price Is Right wallet before his appearance on the show. (Plinko was on one side, Bob in front of the Punchboard on the other, FYI.)  After remarking that the show \"taped downstairs\" from Craig at CBS TV City, who should walk out to surprise Neil and the audience but Rod Roddy, who then did a mock Come On Down for Neil as a late 30th Birthday Present for him, giving him a Price nametag to wear and all. Oh yeah, in case you're wondering, Rod signed the wallet.

Jim

PS: If this post seems a little rushed, I wrote it minutes after it happened. What a thrill to see him....Welcome Back, Rod!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 01:56:40 AM by LetsGoMets2003 »

whampyl03

He's Back!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 03:18:01 AM »
Excellant to hear that rod is up and about again. :)

joshg

He's Back!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 05:08:12 AM »
Neil Patrick Harris. Harris, who is a fan of game shows, had told Craig how much he loved the Price is Right

Of course in Craig's 'Yambo' game, he was asked what the finale of \"The Price Is Right\" was called and he said 'The Showcase Showdown' and Craig said he was correct...

How much of a fan is he after all?

JOSH
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 05:09:06 AM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

tommycharles

He's Back!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 12:31:09 PM »
[quote name=\'LetsGoMets2003\' date=\'Jul 17 2003, 12:40 AM\'] For those of you who missed it....

He'd been on the show before, but tonight (Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning) on Craig Kilborn's Late Late Show, Rod Roddy surprised guest (and former Doogie Howser star) Neil Patrick Harris. Harris, who is a fan of game shows, had told Craig how much he loved the Price is Right (he TiVO's it every day), and how Bob Barker autographed the back of his homemade Price Is Right wallet before his appearance on the show. (Plinko was on one side, Bob in front of the Punchboard on the other, FYI.)  After remarking that the show "taped downstairs" from Craig at CBS TV City, who should walk out to surprise Neil and the audience but Rod Roddy, who then did a mock Come On Down for Neil as a late 30th Birthday Present for him, giving him a Price nametag to wear and all. Oh yeah, in case you're wondering, Rod signed the wallet.

Jim

PS: If this post seems a little rushed, I wrote it minutes after it happened. What a thrill to see him....Welcome Back, Rod! [/quote]
 Good to hear that Rod's back, a little frightening to hear that you were watching LLS.

LetsGoMets2003

He's Back!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 01:19:07 PM »
Good to hear that Rod's back, a little frightening to hear that you were watching LLS.

Well, normally, I watch Conan after Letterman, but Conan's lineup wasn't that great last night IMO, so, just for fun, I watched Kilby. And you know what? I think his show is pretty funny. Not as funny as Conan, but he has his moments.

Jim

P.S. : Some screengrabs of Rod's appearance are on the Golden-Road.net site, courtesy of GR's Board Moderator Clock Game John. Thanks, John!

http://golden-road.net/modules.php?name=Fo...340c0173523fa5a

You may or may not have to log-in to view them, I'm not sure. Rod does indeed look terrific in these.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 01:30:16 PM by LetsGoMets2003 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
He's Back!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 05:47:19 PM »
Rod looks a lot thinner.

On a related topic, do you suppose Neil Patrick Harris is an incognito member or lurker on this board???
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 05:49:38 PM by chris319 »

uncamark

He's Back!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 06:09:52 PM »
Of course in Craig's 'Yambo' game, he was asked what the finale of \"The Price Is Right\" was called and he said 'The Showcase Showdown' and Craig said he was correct...

It's a commonly-made error--I wouldn't hold it against him.

Now, if you asked him how to play Check Game and he didn't know--*that* we could hold against him...

Kevin Prather

He's Back!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 10:20:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 17 2003, 05:09 PM\']
Of course in Craig's 'Yambo' game, he was asked what the finale of "The Price Is Right" was called and he said 'The Showcase Showdown' and Craig said he was correct...

It's a commonly-made error--I wouldn't hold it against him. [/quote]
 perhaps a slip of the tongue?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
He's Back!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 02:44:05 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 17 2003, 05:09 PM\']
Of course in Craig's 'Yambo' game, he was asked what the finale of "The Price Is Right" was called and he said 'The Showcase Showdown' and Craig said he was correct...

It's a commonly-made error--I wouldn't hold it against him.

Now, if you asked him how to play Check Game and he didn't know--*that* we could hold against him... [/quote]
 Just ask the folks at Endless....
--Mark
Phil 4:13