Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Match Game Commercial  (Read 5156 times)

ITSBRY

New Match Game Commercial
« on: July 16, 2003, 09:41:47 PM »
Pretty cool...cartoon recreation of the MG (pre 78) set in the SNL \"fun with real audio\" style.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

sshuffield70

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 06:33:56 PM »
Well, can anyone explain why Dr. Joyce Brothers was in seat 1??  Wasn't there a suitable guy for that slot?

Pyramid80

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 07:38:14 PM »
This commercial must get lost in all of those Cram and Lingo promos.  I have yet to see this one.  Sounds very intersting though.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 07:47:23 PM »
I saw it! It's a cartoon-ish mock-up of a round of MG.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 10:14:19 PM »
Gene: Mary has never seen John's ______.

*laughter*

Patti Deutch*: Has John seen Mary's ______?

Richard: If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

* = Patti Deutch sounds more like Debralee Scott to me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 12:21:45 PM by whoserman »

Robair

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 07:32:30 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 17 2003, 09:14 PM\'] Gene: Betty has never seen John's ______.

*laughter*

Patti Deutch*: Has Betty seen John's ______?

Richard: If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

* = Patti Deutch sounds more like Debralee Scott to me. [/quote]
Not Debralee Scott -- it's Jaye P. \"Morgoan\".

Here's the facts on the commercial...

It was based on a question asked on Episode 14 of \"Match Game '73\", with the panel consisting of Bert Convy, Jaye P. Morgan, CNR, Brett Somers, Richard Dawson, and Betty White.

After Gene asks the question, Jaye P. asks, \"Has John seen Mary's _____\"? (In the cartoon \"Patti\" asks this, when at this time she was still weeks away from her first week.) Then Brett starts her spiel, much of which (including her trademark \"What was the question?\") was edited out of the commercial, and then Richard says, \"Seen one, seen 'em all.\"

I think the Joyce on the panel on the cartoon is supposed to represent Joyce Bulifant rather than Dr. Joyce Brothers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 07:35:13 AM by Robair »
--Robair

Hiroland

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 12:15:51 PM »
I love the illustration look on it, but I dont like how GSN doesnt say it is Match Game's THIRTIETH ANNIVERSARY! Isnt that the reason it is being shown?

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 12:36:33 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the commercial does mention the 30th Anniversary.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 02:37:50 PM »
And of course the presence of John and Mary is a dead giveaway that the soundtrack was taken from an early \"MG'73,\" when those two standbys of 60s \"MG\" questions were still making daily appearances.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 03:31:47 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 01:37 PM\']And of course the presence of John and Mary is a dead giveaway that the soundtrack was taken from an early \"MG'73,\" when those two standbys of 60s \"MG\" questions were still making daily appearances.[/quote]
Not to mention the brevity of the question.

Robair

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 06:15:18 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 11:36 AM\'] Correct me if I'm wrong, but the commercial does mention the 30th Anniversary. [/quote]
 The short version of the promo refers to it only as \"Match Game Marathon\", but longer ones do state it honors the 30th Anniversary.
--Robair

SteveRep

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2003, 02:54:45 PM »
Do we have any place that has a detailed schedule of the marathon?

I'm going to be out of town that day and, before I leave, I want to set my VCR for the \"highlight\" episodes.

The only thing I can be sure of is that the premiere episode will be the first one shown at 9 a.m.

Hiroland

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 05:31:30 PM »
I heard the next one after that is Brett And Charles's first episode, and there will be showings of game show hosts on certain episodes, as well as probably the 3 finalies.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 05:41:04 PM »
I think the 12 noon one has Goodson playing for CNR in one round.

TV Favorites

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2003, 06:01:57 PM »
If you are still looking to see the Promotion Clip, I have uploaded a video of it at the GSF Yahoo Group.  If you are already a member, you can get it from this link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gameshowfavo...les/mgpromo1.rm

If you aren't already a member, click here to visit the group home page, join the group, look under Files and download the \"mgpromo1.rm\" file.  The quality isn't all that great (trying to keep the file size small so more people can download), but it viewable.

Enjoy!