Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN observation  (Read 8141 times)

ChuckNet

GSN observation
« on: July 12, 2003, 03:42:53 PM »
Is it just me, or are they cutting back on the split-screening? I didn't see any during yesterday's Cram or Dawson FF, or on today's MG or WoF...hopefully they'll keep it up. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

ilb4ever2000

GSN observation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 05:53:03 PM »
For several days, I haven't seen them on the classics, in the morning anyway. But I'm not necessarily up all morning to see every show.

BrandonFG

GSN observation
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 07:44:01 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 02:42 PM\'] Is it just me, or are they cutting back on the split-screening? I didn't see any during yesterday's Cram or Dawson FF, or on today's MG or WoF...hopefully they'll keep it up. :-)

[/quote]
 I've noticed some cutting back as well, esp. during Match Game PM. Either they realized it's overkill, or they know that people are definitely watching the originals.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

GSN observation
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 11:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 06:44 PM\'] I've noticed some cutting back as well, esp. during Match Game PM. Either they realized it's overkill, or they know that people are definitely watching the originals. [/quote]
 They must have been reading this thread, because they still split during the WLoD credits.

ObWinLoseOrDrawSplitScreen: Has anyone noticed they are always split during the Burt & Bert logo?  This cannot be coincidence.

beatlefreak84

GSN observation
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 10:14:45 AM »
I know that, for the two Vertivision blocks I watch (PYL and CS), there are still split screens, but they're during the ending promos (yes, they actually leave them in for these two!).

I think GSN has definitely cut down on their split-screening, but, trust me, it's still very present:  however, they might be catering to us by actually leaving in the ending promos.

Anybody else notice this?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Kevin Prather

GSN observation
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 07:35:48 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jul 13 2003, 09:14 AM\'] I know that, for the two Vertivision blocks I watch (PYL and CS), there are still split screens, but they're during the ending promos (yes, they actually leave them in for these two!). [/quote]
 but not for each episode. some are left unsplit.

I watched $100,000 Pyramid yesterday, and saw the end credits without split screen for the first time EVER! of course, i was disappointed when i didn't hear \"This is Bob Hilton speaking for the $100,000 Pyramid: A Bob Stewart Production.\" but it was still really cool.

zachhoran

GSN observation
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 07:53:27 PM »
Did any announcer of a Bob Stewart show announce that the show was a BSP at the end?

Kevin Prather

GSN observation
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 08:00:27 PM »
i have no idea. i just assumed. i know. never assume, because when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN observation
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 12:13:05 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 13 2003, 07:00 PM\'] i have no idea. i just assumed. i know. never assume, because when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. [/quote]
 Wow, I first heard that in 2nd grade.....

I dont think they ever did say that.  $25,000; yes....$100,000 no.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Kevin Prather

GSN observation
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2003, 01:41:06 AM »
ok.

btw: what has happened? i remember not too long ago, maybe a year or so, GSN had game shows like Password Plus, Body Language, the $25,000 Pyramid, etc. have they dropped it all from the schedule? i notice at least half of it's current schedule is GSN originals or repeats of GSs from 3 hours previous.

Jimmy Owen

GSN observation
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2003, 03:27:50 AM »
Re: Bob Stewart announcers. Sometimes Don Pardo would ID himself at the end of the show immediately after reading the last plug. \"This is Don Pardo\" was all he said, no mention of it being a Bob Stewart production.  Bob Clayton didn't ID himself at all as I recall. I do remember one day on the NBC \"Chain Reaction,\" Johnny Gilbert threw a cue to guest host Geoff Edwards who said \"Thank you Don Pardo\" as a joke.  Johnny made sure he identified himself at the end of that particular show.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 03:35:22 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.