Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Woolery Separated/Cronin talks about GSN  (Read 4401 times)

cmjb13

Woolery Separated/Cronin talks about GSN
« on: July 16, 2003, 06:34:25 AM »
Tvgameshows.net has 2 good stories on Chuck's separation and a Rich Cronin interview
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 08:34:37 AM »
Very sad for chuck. I hope it works out well.

Now for the Cronin interview:

Quite a few things surprised me (and made me happy)

1) Cronin isn't going to get rid of all the classics- I'm not that surprised, but it does make me feel better.

2) The possiblity of getting The Price is Right back is still, well, a possiblity- I thought, with all the new originals, TPIR was gone forever...Cronin's interview made me feel a little better about this. This will be interesting to watch. Stay tuned.

3) Scrabble is still alive!-I had no idea there was another pilot shot. Let's hope it makes it out of the starting gate.

All in all, I would like to see more GS, but I guess I can live with other \"Game related\" types of shows.
insert signature here

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 10:18:59 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 16 2003, 07:34 AM\'] 3) Scrabble is still alive!-I had no idea there was another pilot shot. Let's hope it makes it out of the starting gate.
 [/quote]
I think we now know what our friends at FlashGames were up to..... :)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 03:49:40 PM »
Yes, two great stories, and you know, I can't help but look at the \"&nsp;\" in the second-to-last paragraph on the Chuck story and think to myself \"Gee, I bet Steve wrote that story himself.\"

TonicBH

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 01:05:10 AM »
I seldom visit El Stevo's site. I dunno, I really don't consider him a reliable GS news man.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 12:31:25 PM »
I seldom visit El Stevo's site. I dunno, I really don't consider him a reliable GS news man.

Eh...I still visit it, just a matter of taking his news reports w/a grain of salt.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

DrJWJustice

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 12:52:44 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 17 2003, 11:31 AM\']

Eh...I still visit it, just a matter of taking his news reports w/a grain of salt.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Given some of the stuff that's been reported about the way he does his 'research', I have to wonder if The Perfessor qualifies as an academic at all.

CBSJokersWildFan

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 01:53:37 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Jul 17 2003, 12:52 PM\']Given some of the stuff that's been reported about the way he does his 'research', I have to wonder if The Perfessor qualifies as an academic at all.[/quote]
What makes you say this?