Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would Ken Jennings end things like this?  (Read 2225 times)

Skynet74

Would Ken Jennings end things like this?
« on: September 09, 2004, 02:37:18 PM »
hmmm? There seems to be a whole lot of thinking going on here. Well I think that Ken will be around until the day he intentionally loses. Why would he intentionally lose you ask? I picture Ken being the type of guy who says.......

"You know what Alex? I feel that God has blessed me with amazing Good Fortune. I've won more Money on this show than I ever could have dreamed. I'm not a greedy person by nature and I think It's only fair that I finally give someone else the chance to accumulate some good fortune in their life. I also feel that people have probably had just about enough of me by now. Besides.... I'm tired of living in a hotel. I would just like to go home if it's O.K. with you. So thank you all for your incredible support. I'll never forget this experience.

It really wouldn't suprise me for something like this to ultimately happen. It will be a half hour of Ken goofing around giving funny answers which he knows are wrong. Then he'll wrap up his appearance with the speech I wrote above.

Anybody think I'm crazy?

John

CaseyAbell

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 02:58:02 PM »
Anybody think I'm crazy?
You know, that's a dangerous question around here.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 02:58:57 PM »
Given the timing of this particular thread, and your apparent blatant disregard for other posts on the subject, I'd have to say yes, you must be crazy.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 03:04:49 PM »
lol I found that hilarious, because I can easily see him saying something like that, with all the religion deal going on.  But I would never think that someone in their right mind would actually take a dive and lose, even though they can win? If so, I think Jennings is crazy!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 01:58 PM\'] Given the timing of this particular thread, and your apparent blatant disregard for other posts on the subject, I'd have to say yes, you must be crazy. [/quote]
 Maybe the word obsessed is more appropriate.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Skynet74

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 03:25:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 01:58 PM\'] Given the timing of this particular thread, and your apparent blatant disregard for other posts on the subject, I'd have to say yes, you must be crazy. [/quote]

Thank you. I was just looking for a little verification. Now pardon me, while I go bask in my glow of Craziness  ;-)

John

inturnaround

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 03:29:29 PM »
I would never see it happening because it would make a mockery of the game and it wouldn't be fair to the other contestants if Ken didn't play up to the best of his abilities.

Think of it like this. Say he does decide to throw a game. Is he really doing the new champion any favors? Sure, he gets money, but he's also a winner with an asterisk. I would think that he would probably think that throwing a game would be an insult to the gifts he was given by God.

Let someone else earn it.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 03:30:20 PM »
I don't think it'll happen the way you describe it, John, but I *do* think that Ken will intentionally blow it, in FJ! I'm guessing, in order to step down....

I don't think anyone's capable of beating Ken, except Ken himself...

AH3RD

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 04:21:24 PM »
Hey, it had to happen sometime...

@ least he set out 2 accomplish a much-anticipated goal: eclipsing Lt. Thom McKee's reign of terror on Tic Tac Dough!

** EDITED by David
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 04:27:24 PM by dzinkin »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

starcade

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 05:16:01 PM »
That's really what I think is going to happen here...  At some point, I just think he tanks it to get out of there once he has no more worlds to conquer.

ChuckNet

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 10:34:31 PM »

Insert your own off-color joke here, folks. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby")

Skynet74

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 11:42:36 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 09:34 PM\']

Insert your own off-color joke here, folks. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]

LOL..... those are the best jokes you tell Chuck. The ones that you let us tell ourselves! ;-)

John