Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another game show connection in Innerspace  (Read 1887 times)

johnnya2k3

Another game show connection in Innerspace
« on: September 08, 2004, 01:01:31 AM »
I bought Innerspace on DVD today, and the scene where Martin Short watches Scrabble until Dennis Quaid inside him destroys the TV isn't the only game show connection in the film.

If you pause and use the Zoom option at 0:40:07, you'd notice that his TV set was a Sylvania. Sylvania of course was the main sponsor of "Beat The Clock" for its first few years, and yes, they're still around making electronics (well, the electronics part by Funai; Osram Sylvania still handles the lighting part). They've stopped with the fancy model names of TVs (Montclair, Stratford, Kensington, etc.) and those "Blue Dot for Sure Shot" flashbulbs a long time ago!

(BTW, my DVD player and VCR are both Sylvanias)

Jonathan Allen

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 01:12:22 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 01:01 AM\'] Some stuff that didn't have to do with Pat O'Brien for once [/quote]
 Wow.  And I thought someone making an obituary post because that person was a Wheel of Fortune puzzle in 1982 was a stretch.

I guess I should start a similar thread because I drive a Mazda and High Rollers gave away Mazdas in 1987.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 01:17:17 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 12:01 AM\'] Sylvania of course was the main sponsor of "Beat The Clock" for its first few years, and yes, they're still around making electronics [/quote]
 And hey! In the movie "Save the Last Dance", they show a box of Swanson Hungry Man Dinners! You know, the same company that advertises during The Price is Right!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

johnnya2k3

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 12:37:03 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that the voice of Quaid's pod computer was former GSN promo announcer Neil Ross.

Jonathan Allen

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 05:40:07 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 09:37 AM\'] Oh, I forgot to mention that the voice of Quaid's pod computer was former GSN promo announcer Neil Ross.
 [/quote]
 Was Pat O'Brien in that movie at all? I think he's great.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe