Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie Wheel of Fortune  (Read 7588 times)

Don Howard

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2004, 11:14:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 4 2004, 01:01 AM\'] [quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 10:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 02:34 AM\']With thanks to Loogaroo

The second from the top (left side, under "Front Game Rules"). I could've sworn the sections were rounded like bullets, but that's what I was talking about. Judging by the Wheel design, that's the 1997 season.[/quote]
Huh. And I thought I watched WoF pretty regularly back then. Never saw those.

I like how those backdrops sort of match the puzzle board, with the shiny gold trapezoidal strip . . . things. [/quote]
But Robert. Nothing beats 1.5 million colors of light! Stay tuned! [/quote]
 And on your black and white sets, it'll be 1.5 million shades of grey.

GS Warehouse

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2004, 11:24:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 4 2004, 11:14 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 4 2004, 01:01 AM\']But Robert. Nothing beats 1.5 million colors of light! Stay tuned! [/quote]
And on your black and white sets, it'll be 1.5 million shades of grey. [/quote]
 This is probably why Sony doesn't make black and white TVs these days.  Heaven forbid viewers should miss all those colors.  Hey, Doc Brown, how much energy does it take to get this effect?

Christopher Lloyd (in a scene from Back to the Future): 1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!

Jay Temple

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2004, 06:26:31 PM »
No one seems to have mentioned this:  I don't know whether it was during the returning champions era, but I definitely recall a week where they had a mix of regular contestants playing for themselves and soap opera stars playing for charity.

I won't call for a Sky's the Limit change, but I would like to see them go back to returning champions.  (I like returning champions for their own sake, but forcing them to air shows in order would certainly be a bonus.)  When the top cash prize was $25,000, and the limit was three days, my idea was that on the third day, you should play for whichever prize you want among those that remain.  As is, I'd give a retiring champion a choice of spinning or picking one non-cash prize for his bonus.

I like the toss-up puzzle in principle, but only before the first and fourth puzzles.

There are two variations I've always thought would be good on the bonus puzzles themselves:  1) Have puzzles where there are exactly three different consonants and one vowel not showing so that, in theory, everyone has the same chance of calling the right letters.  2) Reveal fewer letters, but reveal each letter before the next one is chosen.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Robert Hutchinson

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2004, 10:43:55 PM »
I still think that Wheel of Fortune IS already being aired in order, given the advance listing of the theme weeks, and Pat's willingness to mention what day the show is airing on some occasions (besides holidays and the like).
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin