Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Double Dare Promo  (Read 4718 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Family Double Dare Promo
« on: September 02, 2004, 08:53:19 PM »
Good day to you all!

Before I ask this question, I apologize in advance to any of you who think my posts about old issues of TV Guide are annoying. I do not intend to do any of that with anyone. I just have been an avid collector of this magazine for years when I have the spare time to do it.

I do have a question to ask. Does anyone remember the ad for Fox's Family Double Dare when it made its Saturday Night debut (I thought they would promote it on the day of Sunday's sneak preview, but they did not.)? I was just wondering because I am trying to locate said issue.

Thanks for the advance responses and understanding!

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 08:54:07 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

rugrats1

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 10:36:23 PM »
I apologize in advance to any of you who think my posts about old issues of TV Guide are annoying.

I, myself, don't think so -- I'm an old TVG collector, myself. Don't let the other posters bother you.

dzinkin

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 10:58:56 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 10:36 PM\']
I apologize in advance to any of you who think my posts about old issues of TV Guide are annoying.

I, myself, don't think so -- I'm an old TVG collector, myself. Don't let the other posters bother you. [/quote]
 I'm not an active collector nowadays but I have a few issues -- including a copy of #1 that I got for $15 some years back -- and I don't mind a bit. :-)

aaron sica

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 11:00:20 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 08:53 PM\'] Good day to you all!

Before I ask this question, I apologize in advance to any of you who think my posts about old issues of TV Guide are annoying. I do not intend to do any of that with anyone. I just have been an avid collector of this magazine for years when I have the spare time to do it.
 [/quote]
 Hey, I'm not bothered by them in the least. As another TVG collector, I very much enjoy your posts.

Jimmy Owen

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 11:40:39 PM »
I greatly enjoy hearing from fellow collectors.  TVG is a great memory jogger.  I think I remember the ad, I think it was a three-quarter page ad.  I'll have to look for it this weekend.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 12:39:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 11:40 PM\'] I greatly enjoy hearing from fellow collectors.  TVG is a great memory jogger.  I think I remember the ad, I think it was a three-quarter page ad.  I'll have to look for it this weekend. [/quote]
 Jimmy,

Exactly how big is your collection? Do you have every week for a good number of years at your disposal?

I get the idea you can grab just about any issue from any week. :)

TheInquisitiveOne

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 01:00:21 AM »
First off, let me say thanks to all who responded. I am glad to see that I am not the only TVG collector in the house.

Second, I believe that the ad in question was in the April 9-15, 1988, issue (being that the first true Saturday Night episode was on April 9). I already bought the issue on that basis and wait for it in the mail.

I figured this would make the most sense, since it would be rather odd to promote a show when it is two or three weeks into a run...

Thanks again!

The Inquisitive One

(By the way, as an add on, did any of you local boys remember any ads promoting the 1988 syndie debut of DD? Just a thought.)
This is the Way.

Jimmy Owen

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 01:00:35 AM »
Yes, I have every one from Jan 72-present.  Starting from 1966, I have a majority of those years.  Before 1966, I have some of most of the years.  It's not complete---yet!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 03:50:20 PM »
If any of you need lookup help, between Jimmy and me we ought to be able to help you out.  My collection is mostly pre-1967 (including every issue between 1960 and 1965) while his is primarily after that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 04:29:05 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 12:00 AM\'](By the way, as an add on, did any of you local boys remember any ads promoting the 1988 syndie debut of DD? Just a thought.)[/quote]
Seems to me that I remember an ad in the Chicago edition of TVG back then (for WFLD, of course).

They may've even done an ad for the "Super Sloppy" revamp.

TheInquisitiveOne

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 09:20:06 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:29 PM\'] [quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 12:00 AM\'](By the way, as an add on, did any of you local boys remember any ads promoting the 1988 syndie debut of DD? Just a thought.)[/quote]
Seems to me that I remember an ad in the Chicago edition of TVG back then (for WFLD, of course).

They may've even done an ad for the "Super Sloppy" revamp. [/quote]
 I thought I was the only one who knew of that ad!

It was a full page ad, with a picture of a completely slopped up team. For me to vividly remember that is quite weird.

How I wish I knew of a Chicago Public Library with TVG on microfilm!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Matt Ottinger

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 09:55:28 PM »
Here's the ad you wanted for Family Double Dare.  You were right about the date:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/compendium/fdd.jpg
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TheInquisitiveOne

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 10:07:07 PM »
Mr. Ottinger, I know I keep appearing in this post, but I do want to thank you (and everyone else) for all of your help.

I owe all of you one.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Ian Wallis

Family Double Dare Promo
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 04:59:08 PM »
I'm not an active collector nowadays but I have a few issues -- including a copy of #1 that I got for $15 some years back -- and I don't mind a bit. :-)

#1 - you mean the very first issue?  That's one of the most valuable issues of all - I'm surprised you got it for just $15.  I'd like to get it for that amount....

Add me to the TVGuide collectors list.  My collection covers every issue from May 1964 - present.  I also have a couple of hundred from before then, but they're not consecutive.  I'm always trying to fill in my gaps when I see good deals!

I also have a sizable run of the Canadian verison, which spun off from the US version in 1977.  

Both the US and Canadian version featured many articles on game shows over the years - and they're neat to look back on (......and wish games were still as plentiful....)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!