Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On the Cover  (Read 2897 times)

uncamark

On the Cover
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 02:14:08 PM »
[quote name=\'ed1202\' date=\'Aug 11 2004, 12:39 PM\']
The voice-over clue about the identity of the final cover is not given to the contestants.  They only have the category to help them along with the uncovered pieces.

Fine and good. So use it in the opening of the show if you want to; bringing it back as the bump-back from commercial before the endgame seems unnecessary.

I imagine it's for the benefit of those of us who tune in late.  Oh, wait, I have a Tivo.  Never mind...[/quote]
Hey, some Pax viewers probably still have those Sinclair computers Bud Paxson used to have his pitchmen exhort over at Home Shopping Network...

"And could I have a toot for my aunt in Sarasota?..."

adamjk

On the Cover
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 12:12:03 PM »
I like the new look for the most part. The new darker set is neat, and Mark really seems to be enjoying this quite a bit. He's making a lot of jokes which is good. BTW, is anyone reminded of Alex Trebek's contestant interviews on Jeopardy when Mark is interviewing the three players?

While I do like most of the changes, there are a few things that I think should change:

-Take away points for wrong answers in main game, except for speed round
-In bonus game,  let the contestant choose which numbers to remove.

Other then those two things, I like it

MikeK

• Martha!
On the Cover
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 12:56:03 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 12:12 PM\'] BTW, is anyone reminded of Alex Trebek's contestant interviews on Jeopardy when Mark is interviewing the three players? [/quote]
 Yes, the same way Trebek's interviews on Jeopardy! remind me of Jim Perry's style on Sale of the Century, Jimmy Cefalo's interviews on Trump Card, Nipsey Russell's interview ability on Your Number's Up, and every other host's contestant chat methods on a show where 3 contestants or groups of players compete.

thgames65

On the Cover
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 03:38:13 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 11:12 AM\']
While I do like most of the changes, there are a few things that I think should change:

-Take away points for wrong answers in main game, except for speed round
-In bonus game,  let the contestant choose which numbers to remove.
[/quote]
So far, the center square has been a relatively high # (i.e. late in the stack) cover on each show.  Since that one is likely to reveal substantial parts of the picture, they are purposely rewarding a well-played round.  If contestants are given a choice, anyone who gets at least 3 out of 9 right would probably select the middle 3 squares running down the center, and see pretty much all they need.

I agree that subtracting points for wrong answers would be better regarding competitive fairness, but would not be as entertaining for the audience.  Hearing some of the contestants' misguided guesses have been one of the main sources of humor.  BTW, I got a big kick out of every correct answer being "the blimp" for one set of covers last night.

Tim H.

WhammyPower

On the Cover
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 07:36:25 PM »
[quote name=\'thgames65\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 01:38 PM\'] I got a big kick out of every correct answer being "the blimp" for one set of covers last night. [/quote]
IIRC, they were

"The Blimp" (Goodyear Blimp?)
"The Zeppelin" (Led Zeppelin)
"Full of Hot Air" (Forgot who this was)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 09:50:17 AM by WhammyPower »

sshuffield70

On the Cover
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 08:25:21 PM »
......those leftist commie pinkos.........

uncamark

On the Cover
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 12:31:04 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 07:25 PM\']......those leftist commie pinkos.........[/quote]
On Pax?!  :)

bandit_bobby

On the Cover
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 12:48:44 PM »
This show, I think, is trying a little too hard to be like Family Feud and Blockbusters in terms of humor on the show.

bandit_bobby

On the Cover
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2004, 09:00:35 PM »
Oh BTW, on the episode I saw tonight, the time limit was 30 seconds in the bonus round. I'm not sure if that was an early taped episode or a later one, but we'll see.

adamjk

On the Cover
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2004, 09:31:22 PM »
Also, did anyone notice, that there was no mention of clue given at the beginning of the show for as to who the bonus cover person was, after the break before the bonus round?