Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL on GSN  (Read 3957 times)

passwordplus

PYL on GSN
« on: August 05, 2004, 04:02:37 PM »
Did PYL ever start over, or did they go into 85/86 season?

adamjk

PYL on GSN
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:13:36 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe they have reached the last episode of the number of the shows they have ordered.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 04:14:16 PM by adamjk »

tyshaun1

PYL on GSN
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 05:24:29 PM »
They currently are at 8/14/85, and are expected to go forward until 9/6/85.

Tyshaun

Winkfan

PYL on GSN
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 08:42:45 PM »
They currently are at 8/14/85, and are expected to go forward until 9/6/85.

So much for my hoping to get the second 'New Year's Eve' episode of PYL.

I've pretty much stopped watching that show on GSN since their 'right-up-to-the-end' credit crunches have started.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--[color=\"blue\"]the 'Mitzi McCall of the Big Board!'[/color]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:27:21 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

roadgeek

PYL on GSN
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 12:17:44 AM »
I've been annoyed with the up-to-the-end credit-crunching as well, but I'm glad it's still even airing -- they've aired some gems in these last few months.  My thought is that GSN will drop PYL after 9/6, especially after reading Tyshaun's post (see "Morning Schedule Change" -- the end of the cycle is predicted to be in mid-October).  I seriously don't think GSN will find it profitable to write another check to Fremantle to air another cycle of episodes, even if it was the 200 they just aired.  Perhaps the pay-per-view idea (I forget what its proper name is) will take off someday.

uncamark

PYL on GSN
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 11:58:15 AM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Aug 5 2004, 11:17 PM\'] I've been annoyed with the up-to-the-end credit-crunching as well, but I'm glad it's still even airing -- they've aired some gems in these last few months.  My thought is that GSN will drop PYL after 9/6, especially after reading Tyshaun's post (see "Morning Schedule Change" -- the end of the cycle is predicted to be in mid-October).  I seriously don't think GSN will find it profitable to write another check to Fremantle to air another cycle of episodes, even if it was the 200 they just aired.  Perhaps the pay-per-view idea (I forget what its proper name is) will take off someday. [/quote]
 Video on demand, or VOD.

And I'm still wondering--aren't networks required to show production company logos fullscreen contractually on first-run programming, even if they don't air the associated sounds/music?  Every other squeezeback/split screen I've seen of national services still has the logos fullscreen.  Sure, they're getting the money, but if I were Mark Cronin or Andrew Golder I wouldn't want my company's signature stuck in the lower-right-hand corner of the screen unrecognized.

Ian Wallis

PYL on GSN
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 02:07:19 PM »
So much for my hoping to to get the second 'New Year's Eve' episode of PYL.

Or the Christmas 1985 episode where Peter's dressed in a "Santa gown", or something to that effect.

I seriously don't think GSN will find it profitable to write another check to Fremantle to air another cycle of episodes, even if it was the 200 they just aired.

What would be surprising if it is gone by mid-October is that this cycle of shows would have aired just once, while the first cycle aired about six times.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

trainman

PYL on GSN
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 10:16:04 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 6 2004, 07:58 AM\'] And I'm still wondering--aren't networks required to show production company logos fullscreen contractually on first-run programming, even if they don't air the associated sounds/music? [/quote]
 Seems like it, although I can come up with one example that proves the rule: NBC doesn't show the production logos full-screen at the end of Leno and Conan.  Obviously, it's entirely possible that GSN writes their contracts a little differently than other networks.
trainman is a man of trains