Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: With the recent passing of Jackson Beck...  (Read 1393 times)

ChuckNet

With the recent passing of Jackson Beck...
« on: August 01, 2004, 01:31:32 AM »
Instead of reposting an entire obit for the late VO legend, I'll just get right to the point and say that he announced the original 1985 pilots for Love Me, Love Me Not, which were shot at CBS Studios in NY. Just thought I'd mention that.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 11:21:04 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 12:31 AM\'] Instead of reposting an entire obit for the late VO legend, I'll just get right to the point and say that he announced the original 1985 pilots for Love Me, Love Me Not, which were shot at CBS Studios in NY. Just thought I'd mention that.[/quote]

Did Ross Shafer host those?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:21:31 AM by Don Howard »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 02:35:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 08:21 AM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 1 2004, 12:31 AM\'] Instead of reposting an entire obit for the late VO legend, I'll just get right to the point and say that he announced the original 1985 pilots for Love Me, Love Me Not, which were shot at CBS Studios in NY. Just thought I'd mention that.[/quote]

Did Ross Shafer host those? [/quote]
 He might be referring to the pilot titled "Mama Non Mama", that Alex Trebek did.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chief-O

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 03:45:09 PM »
Actually, as per Mike Burger's pilots page, "M'Ama Non M'Ama" was shot at ABC Prospect, with John Harlan at the mic...Chuck might be speaking of a different pilot.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 03:45:24 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 12:27:42 AM »
Actually, as per Mike Burger's pilots page, "M'Ama Non M'Ama" was shot at ABC Prospect, with John Harlan at the mic...Chuck might be speaking of a different pilot.

I was indeed...these pilots were shot in Dec. 1985, just a year after ABC passed on MNM, and in reply to Don, they did indeed feature Ross Shafer as host...the only other differences from the series besides Beck were 4 panelists instead of 3, and a slightly bigger prize budget in the bonus round (payoff was $1K/correct answer, significantly less for the series).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")