Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy Challenger ready for download!  (Read 8114 times)

GS Warehouse

Jeopardy Challenger ready for download!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 04:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 15 2003, 11:17 AM\']
Have I told you guys that story? We had someone fax us here at Tech Support about one of our WOF games. They wanted to know who to contact to collect their winnings. They weren't joking. That fax is still hanging on a wall around here someplace... :)

LOL...and if I recieved actual money from all the times I've played Hasbro's WoF, I'd prolly be one of the world's richest men right now. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 That's why I always address this in some form when I document my games.  For example, this from the Whammy! GameControl FAQ:

Q) Hey, even without Larson patterns, I still racked up $10,000!  When do I get my check?
A) Right after scientists successfuly clone Bill Cullen.  Money is nothing more than a unit of score in this game.

WhammyPower

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 07:39:05 PM »
There's a link in the top-right corner of the page here that lets you download the redistributable package.

goongas

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2003, 09:26:18 PM »
Good job on the program.  I wish I knew more GUI programming.

Goongas

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2003, 07:56:56 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 14 2003, 12:42 PM\']i did the windows update, then tried the game. no change. i checked control panel > Add/Remove Programs. Microsoft .NET Framework is not there. and the other link says .NET Framework is 108 MB, which would take several hours on my AOhelL. any other suggestions?[/quote]
Wait for the Linux version.

Isn't .NET the scheme that lets Bill tap into everyone's bank account? And make ooze come out of your computer by remote control from Redmond?

Mr. Lemon, how are you and Bill dividing your cut of the players' winnings?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 12:32:14 PM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 02:08:44 PM »
*sigh* The .NET Initiative and the .NET Framework are two different things.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LA the DJ

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 04:04:27 PM »
\"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 04:56:26 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 01:04 PM\'] \"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. [/quote]
Jesus, do ANY of you read things like \"YOU NEED THE .NET FRAMEWORK. HERE'S HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT\"?

By the way, it's revved to 1.0, and has a neato icon now. :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 05:04:23 PM by clemon79 »

LA the DJ

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2003, 06:16:48 PM »
OK, I didn't realize I didn't have the .NET, and had no idea that's what the error meant.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2003, 08:33:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 11:08 AM\']*sigh* The .NET Initiative and the .NET Framework are two different things.[/quote]
Oh, I see. One taps into your bank account and the other makes Visual C++ programs crash :-P

clemon79

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2003, 08:40:42 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 05:33 PM\'] and the other makes Visual C++ programs crash :-P [/quote]
 Quite the opposite. The LACK THEREOF is what is making it crash.

Whatever. I've learned my lesson. Last time I share my work with you people.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2003, 08:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 07:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 05:33 PM\'] and the other makes Visual C++ programs crash :-P [/quote]
Quite the opposite. The LACK THEREOF is what is making it crash.

Whatever. I've learned my lesson. Last time I share my work with you people. [/quote]
 Now, don't be like that.  You should be the first person to know that when you put something out there, you will be criticized for it.  You got some pats on the back from it.  Now personally, I'm rather weary about the whole .NET thing, even though I don't think it'll cause harm to my computer.  But if you dish it, you gotta be able to take it.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2003, 09:36:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 05:44 PM\'] You should be the first person to know that when you put something out there, you will be criticized for it. [/quote]
 Bah, I can give a good goddamn about the criticism, but the unfounded boring anti-MS rant about .NET (which, again, has not a thing to do with the Framework, and frankly is based more about being anti-MS for its own sake than on any kind of actual fact) is unnecessary.

The program requires the .NET Framework. Didn't realize this until I finished it, didn't think twice about it because I've had it installed on my machine since I saw it on Windows Update MONTHS AGO. If I had my druthers, it wouldn't, but it does. So be it.

If it's crashing on you, you should first check to see if you have it installed. I provided a link for that. Chances are you don't.

If you want to download it so it'll work, great.

If you don't, no skin off my nose.

That's all.