Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Banzai - what will I say?  (Read 6117 times)

ChuckNet

Banzai - what will I say?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2003, 02:34:25 PM »
Banzai is a fine parody of Japanese television, but the more I think about it, the more I agree with Matt, it shouldn't be taken an ounce more seriously than that.

I agree...although you should tell that to the overly-PC crew on the Fox boards, some of whom are looking to stage boycotts because they find the show demeaning to Asian-Americans.

Chuck Donegan (The Taking-It-With-a-Grain-of-Salt \"Chuckie Baby\")

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 02:40:43 PM »
I agree...although you should tell that to the overly-PC crew on the Fox boards, some of whom are looking to stage boycotts because they find the show demeaning to Asian-Americans.

Figures.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2003, 03:16:55 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 16 2003, 11:34 AM\'] I agree...although you should tell that to the overly-PC crew on the Fox boards, some of whom are looking to stage boycotts because they find the show demeaning to Asian-Americans.
 [/quote]
 No jury in the world would convict them. Take those two idiots on Takeshi's Castle. How can they claim a show like Banzai is demeaning when they are willling to demean themselves like that.

Fact is, we're an exception, because we are UseNet refugees, but the population of a majority of message boards out there is composed of nitwits, as compared to the equivalent mailing list or (troll-free) newsgroup.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2003, 03:42:43 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 16 2003, 01:34 PM\']
Banzai is a fine parody of Japanese television, but the more I think about it, the more I agree with Matt, it shouldn't be taken an ounce more seriously than that.

[/quote]
There's always going to be a nationality that gets offended by the \"stereotypes\" put on shows...when \"The PJs\" came out a few years ago, Spike Lee and many other blacks protested. Then there was Italians with \"The Sopranos.\" I think no matter what race is the subject, someone will ALWAYS be offended, esp. in our ultra-sensitive country. I'm agreeing with Lemon, whether this show is a hit or not, the boycott won't do squat.

ObGameShow: Friend or Foe still sucks. S-U-C-K-S.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!